My local VW Vindis happy to lower with DCC

DC.

T6 Pro
Having bought a new Generation Six Caravelle with DCC a couple weeks ago I was hoping to have it lowered (but still retaining the warranty) as it looks so high to me.

I have read a few threads about some dealerships are willing to lower, some aren't. Well I got an email this morning to say that my local dealership are willing to lower the T6 and that they had spoken to their head technician and he can't see why it would be an issue. Ok so cool......

......But the only VW approved springs are 30mm.... which to be honest I can't really see the point in me doing it, as it would still be a long way off!!!

I'm looking to go bigger on the wheels at some point as well BUT still can't really see 30mm cutting it. 50mm I'd be driving there now to drop it off!! Haha!

Has anyone done a 30mm drop with bigger than 18" wheels or similar and could share some tips/pics ???? (which would be very much appreciated!).... I need convincing!!!

I might just have to wait till I'm a few years in on the warranty and then drop it

Thanks in advance

This poor quality picture is mine lowered 30mm and 18" wheels. As it stands there the vehicle weighs in at 2480kgs so still some way before it's fully loaded but it'll give you some indication, rather than picture of an empty vehicle.

I don't really carry rocks on the roof :eek:

IMG_2046.JPG

Reactions: DC.
MMM it would be interesting to know how much they are charging, agree the Gen 6 does look a touch on the high side.

This poor quality picture is mine lowered 30mm and 18" wheels. As it stands there the vehicle weighs in at 2480kgs so still some way before it's fully loaded but it'll give you some indication, rather than picture of an empty vehicle.

View attachment 5556
Didn't realise it was a rock, thought you started converting it to the Mutts Cuts van from dumb and dumber.

MMM it would be interesting to know how much they are charging, agree the Gen 6 does look a touch on the high side.
£465 including VAT and fitting..... now I thought that sounded high but I haven't given it much thought as like I say I'm still stumped on the 30mm!

What do you think?

View attachment 5556

Thank you for your reply. You see yours looks pretty reasonable!! Not sure what the deal is with the Caravelle but it starts soooooo high. Ok food for thought, thanks for the pic again

I think it really depends on the load. Mine is currently on 18's with 30mm BUT I'm going to get coil overs as 30mm with a fairly empty van is just too high for my liking. I think 50-60mm is going to be what I need /want.

IMG_5107.JPG

Having bought a new Generation Six Caravelle with DCC a couple weeks ago I was hoping to have it lowered (but still retaining the warranty) as it looks so high to me.

I have read a few threads about some dealerships are willing to lower, some aren't. Well I got an email this morning to say that my local dealership are willing to lower the T6 and that they had spoken to their head technician and he can't see why it would be an issue. Ok so cool......

......But the only VW approved springs are 30mm.... which to be honest I can't really see the point in me doing it, as it would still be a long way off!!!

I'm looking to go bigger on the wheels at some point as well BUT still can't really see 30mm cutting it. 50mm I'd be driving there now to drop it off!! Haha!

Has anyone done a 30mm drop with bigger than 18" wheels or similar and could share some tips/pics ???? (which would be very much appreciated!).... I need convincing!!!

I might just have to wait till I'm a few years in on the warranty and then drop it

Thanks in advance

I think when I specked up DCC, it mentioned coming with a 20mm lowering as part of the option.
If you fit standard 30mm lowering springs, is there a danger that you will only be effectively lowering it (30-20)= 10mm????
Maybe worth checking

The 19" wheel looks perfect in my eyes on the T6. @T6 dork, that's looking superb. Liking the little touches. The black spoiler and the black splitter work together so well.

VW genuine lowering springs are Eibach £200 - ish .. 30mm
i bought mine from VW and did it myself ..
19" wheels

2090e41.jpg
Your vans looking really good:thumbsup:. Yep 30mm lower than standard springs, but DCC don't have standard springs, they are already 20mm lower than standard springs; according to the VW brochure.

Your vans looking really good:thumbsup:. Yep 30mm lower than standard springs, but DCC don't have standard springs, they are already 20mm lower than standard springs; according to the VW brochure.
Yep already 20mm lower couldn't justify the cost for another 10mm, and I like the van standard appreciate not everyone does!

well mine went down another 30mm

front before is that 10mm different ?

o5dv9x.jpg

standard

245n0vn.jpg

Last edited:
well mine went down another 30mm

front before is that 10mm different ?

o5dv9x.jpg

standard

245n0vn.jpg
Have you got DCC?, just checked the VW online builder, and it is still saying DCC comes 20mm lower than standard, as standard, I wonder if its wrong?

whats DCC ?

If you've got a button on your dash with a small icon of a shock absorber then you've got DCC. Dynamic Chassis Control. or Adaptive CC - same thing
It's a clever automatic (with 3 stage settings Comfort - Normal - Sport) shock absorber, that is connected to the computers in the vehicle, and it knows how fast you are driving, the angle of your front wheels(turning), acceleration/deceleration of the vehicle, if you are pressing your brakes, etc etc etc. Then 1000times per second adjusts the compression and rebound setting of each shocker independently and automatically. It is sensational:):):):). More and More cars have it fitted now, it is particularly good on a van imo, because there is less suspension travel than say an SUV. Only available on Vels/Calis in the T6 range at this moment I think. Most Golf GTI types spec it up on their hot hatches, but on a van it gives you great comfort/control/ride, with flat(ish) cornering (for a van):thumbsup: For me I get those benefits without lowering it, because I've got 4motion, and the Vel spends most weekends parked in fields, which are often muddy, I like to keep a bit of ground clearance.
A link to a Golf forum explaining it
Volkswagen DCC Adaptive Chassis Control – Design and Function | my-gti.com

I've got ACC adaptive cruise control
the Gen6 2 tone ones have DCC as standard
they are totally different

Back