My local VW Vindis happy to lower with DCC

Our is on a flat drive. I can't imagine it's anything untoward like you say, after all it's one of the reasons you buy it direct from the dealer isn't it. It's done 5000 miles......

I'll re-measure from the centre at some point.

Maybe it needs to settle.....makes me wonder if I did get the 30mm lowering springs would I be getting a good drop - if it's currently sitting so high?

Middle of wheel... (bearing in mind it's now pitch black and I'm juggling a torch)
455mm front and 460mm rear

Thanks for measuring by the way NewGen 6 owner and ps I don't expect you to now go out again haha! Hope you're enjoying your new toy

Ok so drum roll....
Gap between top of tyre and centre of wheel arch is....
Are you sitting down....
An eye bulging....
110mm front and 113mm rear. Yes you read that correctly.

Now I'd love to know if this is about standard for a Caravelle or have I bought the first monster truck Gen Six!!!!?
Actually the gap is measured in standard bread loafs heights. Is it a mini hovis or Warburtons Family?? (see some previous posts):)
Sounds like your in the market for 50mm drops!
I'll measure mine tomorrow:thumbsup: I wonder if VW have fitted the wrong springs:mad: Its possible:)

Reactions: DC.
Actually the gap is measured in standard bread loafs heights. Is it a mini hovis or Warburtons Family?? (see some previous posts):)
Sounds like your in the market for 50mm drops!
I'll measure mine tomorrow:thumbsup: I wonder if VW have fitted the wrong springs:mad: Its possible:)

I'm staring to wonder! Would seriously raise my suspicions if it's something like that tho. God knows how I'd go about getting it checked, Vindis I guess. Haha on the bread loafs, think mines a "French stick"!!!!!!!!!

I'm having exactly the same issue, I have the velle with DCC and ACC, on the standard 17" wheels. Also looks like the van has had an argument with the wheels. Yes it has the 20mm lower springs as standard. Now what I want is the 19 or 20" abt cr wheels. They ain't cheap but I'm afraid they will do sumthing to either the dcc or acc. Would love to drop it on 50mm springs then giving me 30mm more drop.
Can anyone help it's giving me sleepless nights

Thats weird ours is 90mm front and 100mm rear

I cant believe that there in only 13mm in it at the rear as your does look much higher on that pic..

Its empty except seats but is on a very slight slope down at the front.
Will measure mine tomorrow

Ok so drum roll....
Gap between top of tyre and centre of wheel arch is....
Are you sitting down....
An eye bulging....
110mm front and 113mm rear. Yes you read that correctly.

Now I'd love to know if this is about standard for a Caravelle or have I bought the first monster truck Gen Six!!!!?

IMG_3456.JPG
Mine is 71mm at the front, 85mm at the rear, measured the same way as you, but my tyres are 12mm larger (radius) than standard, so my adjusted gap to compare is 83mmf 97mmr, also I have removed the rear bench and fitted dog cages which are lighter, so my rear should be sat slightly higher; and fronts about the same.
So you are 20mm higher than me???????
Do you think you have the wrong springs fitted at the factory??????

I measures my Volvo XC60 which looks right for an SUV imo, and within 3mm it is the same as my Vel front and rear.
Given that I am after an SUV look rather than a GTI look, my Vel is spot on for me.

So you are going to need to drop yours 40mm to get the same look as me (with your standard size tyres), or 50mm drop if you want to go a little lower

Last edited:
Well I'm not sure what to make of it all to be honest. I thought mine was extra high and so far everyone is proving me correct (and thanku to those people, I appreciate you taking the time out to measure).

I have contacted Vindis and they are happy for me to pop in and compare it to the other Caravelle Gen 6 they have, which I'm going to do Thursday.

They pretty much laughed at me though and said they don't think any Caravelle with or without DCC would be any lower than any other transporter and that they would expect all the suspension to be the same..... So IF anyone has a web-link that proves that a Caravelle (with or without DCC) is 20mm lower as standard that would be of great help..... to be quite honest they're knowledge of their product does seem to be lacking. (They had zero knowledge on the set up of the satnav wifi).

It does tickle me that they are willing to charge £500 to drop it 30mm but can't see why I'm miffed that mine appears to be 20mm higher than others!!!

The salesman did add that if mines higher it means I'll get more for my money if I lower it!!!

Im not impressed with the dealer I bought from either, found it at a great price up in Carlisle VW Van centre, my handover was here are the keys its parked over there.. I have had to read up on most things myself when I got home and this forum has been an immense help...

Wifi satnav what is that?

IMG_2781.JPG
Well I'm not sure what to make of it all to be honest. I thought mine was extra high and so far everyone is proving me correct (and thanku to those people, I appreciate you taking the time out to measure).

I have contacted Vindis and they are happy for me to pop in and compare it to the other Caravelle Gen 6 they have, which I'm going to do Thursday.

They pretty much laughed at me though and said they don't think any Caravelle with or without DCC would be any lower than any other transporter and that they would expect all the suspension to be the same..... So IF anyone has a web-link that proves that a Caravelle (with or without DCC) is 20mm lower as standard that would be of great help..... to be quite honest they're knowledge of their product does seem to be lacking. (They had zero knowledge on the set up of the satnav wifi).

It does tickle me that they are willing to charge £500 to drop it 30mm but can't see why I'm miffed that mine appears to be 20mm higher than others!!!

The salesman did add that if mines higher it means I'll get more for my money if I lower it!!!
Measured my Exec with DCC today, wheel centres 455 front 450 rear. Give or take a few mm,
To top of tyres is 85 mm front 80mm rear. That's on a slight downhill slope.
That's a hell of a difference, as you can see it doesn't sit too high and everything is standard. IMG_2481.JPG

Unfortunately your experiences are far from unique, having been through the VW commercial thing for 13 years now with Vels. I can honestly say; I have zero expectation; believe nothing I am told; and still come way disappointed:thumbsdown: To be fair to the dealers it nearly all comes from VW (UK) in my experiance, who do not give a sh!t, and tell the dealers total rubbish when they are asked questions. It is hard to understand when you read up on the subject of VW T's, pop into the dealers, and know about 376 times more than they do, but some how they are never embarrassed:(.
I can live with all this, but when you are told total lies, it starts to grate.
I used to think the VW(Group HQ) would be totally pissed if they knew how VW(UK) carried on; but after diesel -gate, I'm not sure they are any better. Fortunately for them, they still make the worlds best van imo, with a heritage no others can come close to.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Part of life's rich tapestry.

Last edited:
I have seen this before when the manufacturer starts to rely on the badge to sell,

Remember Mercedes in the late 90's early 00's then were terrible build with stuck up dealers, the JD Power Survey started and embarrassed them into a big turnaround. I was thinking that as these are commercial perhaps its more about stack em high and sell em cheap...

If you have the discover media navigation headunit (standard on a G6) then you can plug in a carstick with a data sim in it
VW USB Car Stick / Surf Stick
This will give you a magical wifi network emanating from the van, i love ours as kids are young and dont like buying them phone credit and all tablets/ipads etc can come with us
Amazon do a great data sim deal of 24gb valid for 24 months for under £30, this also links your wagon to the internet for car net services etc giving you live traffic info, petrol station prices on the fly, parking etc etc

If you have the discover media navigation headunit (standard on a G6) then you can plug in a carstick with a data sim in it
This will give you a magical wifi network emanating from the van, i love ours as kids are young and dont like buying them phone credit and all tablets/ipads etc can come with us
Amazon do a great data sim deal of 24gb valid for 24 months for under £30, this also links your wagon to the internet for car net services etc giving you live traffic info, petrol station prices on the fly, parking etc etc
Wi-Fi is great on days out and holidays, coverage is much better than on my iPhone, I assume the aerial is much more efficient.....

I gotcha I did come across it, I thought as it needed a sim card I would let them tether from my phone but if there are additional benefits such as car net services for £30 its a no brainer

View attachment 5720
Measured my Exec with DCC today, wheel centres 455 front 450 rear. Give or take a few mm,
To top of tyres is 85 mm front 80mm rear. That's on a slight downhill slope.
That's a hell of a difference, as you can see it doesn't sit too high and everything is standard. View attachment 5721
I think those would be my measurements if I had the rear bench seat in, a bit of a wild arsed-guess on my part ;)

t,
Perfect!!! Thank you

Im not impressed with the dealer I bought from either, found it at a great price up in Carlisle VW Van centre, my handover was here are the keys its parked over there.. I have had to read up on most things myself when I got home and this forum has been an immense help...

Exactly same as me, I honestly think he was scared I was going to ask him a question!

Mine was also supplied with the wrong bikerack keys, but I can wait!

Back