Multiple Engine Management Faults

Being a complete adblue virgin, I was talking to a guy yesterday who had the caravelle I want (who was full of praise for it by the way) and he told me that to keep the warranty from becoming void he has to take it to a vw dealer to get the adblue refilled!

Anyone else aware if this?
Does not say so in the manual. Free to fill yourself, instructions are given in the manual.

Bull m8, filler is below derv filler and user accessible, no warnings not to, and is part of fuel system.. MFD doesn't say take to dealrr , says to top it up.. As said, details in handbook, dealer trying to earn extra!

Bull m8, filler is below derv filler and user accessible, no warnings not to, and is part of fuel system.. MFD doesn't say take to dealrr , says to top it up.. As said, details in handbook, dealer trying to earn extra!
Sounds about right! Cheers guys.

Update: van is back from dealership, exhaust sensor changed, software update and forced regeneration of the dpf performed. The technician did say the dpf was not blocked but was part of the diagnostic process requested by Vw technical department.

I will let you know if / when the light comes back on.

Update: van is back from dealership, exhaust sensor changed, software update and forced regeneration of the dpf performed. The technician did say the dpf was not blocked but was part of the diagnostic process requested by Vw technical department.

I will let you know if / when the light comes back on.
I've had all that done as you know. Keep an eye on it around the 250/300miles range as that's when mine comes back on. Fingers crossed for you though.

Mine in today based on what feels to be excessive adblue consumption(17l over 5000 miles) and multiple regens. Looks like mine is on the recall list....
Waiting for answer on what parts they may need to fit.

Compare with the amount of diesel you have burned - should expect to be about 2%. Based on 13.000 miles on engine CXFA (150hp). Would appreciate your engine code, as there are quite many variants out there.

My 150 dsg highline with 2900 miles on clock has 2500 miles of adblue left in tank,had 4500 miles when I got it

And, similar case with regens. When doing nice, long drives - I have recorded a regen every 30 liters of diesel. Doing very short trips, a regen as soon as after about 15 liters. Seems to be based on calculation of soot accumulation counter in the ECU - I'm a collector of those numbers :whistle:.

My 150dsg has consumed 17 litres over 5000 miles. Varied driving including towing.

Sorry. I meant that AdBlue consumption should be about 2% of diesel consumption. So if you burned about 800-850 liters of diesel in those 5000 miles, then AdBlue consumption is about within spec. Is your engine type CXHA or CXFA?

I have a 150ps DSG combi. I think it was build around start of October last year, collected start of November. Engine type CXHA, just approaching 4000 miles and on my second tank of Adblue now showing 4000 range (topped up about 10lts on refill). Still waiting for the light and problems to start :unsure:

Last edited:
Well recall work done but they also found a problem with a potentiometer.
Don't know the details as still away with work but will update on friday.

Didn't last long !!!!! :laugh: 130 miles and it's back on. Light came on at same place of journey as last time, as the cruise control was reduced in increments of 5mph (60 to 50). Can't be arsed at the moment to fix it, will run it for the next few weeks then deal with it.

Didn't last long !!!!! :laugh: 130 miles and it's back on. Light came on at same place of journey as last time, as the cruise control was reduced in increments of 5mph (60 to 50). Can't be arsed at the moment to fix it, will run it for the next few weeks then deal with it.
Sorry to hear that but I think we both knew it would come back. I really think they haven't got a clue with this fault and they are using us as the test and development for this engine.
No update on mine as expected, they have only had it for another week on top of what they have had so far.

Latest update.
Dealer called to report they have inspected the EGR and can not see any signs of coolant or excess soot but Technical Support Team have seen the pictures, passed it onto Factory level and they advise them to replace the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) value and to check the settings of the selective catalytic reduction (SCR) system.
They also report the EGR is on back order and won't be available until middle of next week. Even service manager said maybe that tells you something when they are out of stock at factory level.

Latest update.
Dealer called to report they have inspected the EGR and can not see any signs of coolant or excess soot but Technical Support Team have seen the pictures, passed it onto Factory level and they advise them to replace the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) value and to check the settings of the selective catalytic reduction (SCR) system.
They also report the EGR is on back order and won't be available until middle of next week. Even service manager said maybe that tells you something when they are out of stock at factory level.
Surely they must now take one like yours and tear it down for technical examination? This situation is leaving them wide open to all sorts of legal action as to "fit for purpose". It would be interesting to know how many or percentage of your engine build have had these issues.

Back