Multiple Engine Management Faults

@Twoguns sorry if I butting in / teaching you to such eggs but ........

When you write to the MD, send a copy to all directors, making sure the distribution list is clear on the letter.
No director wants to turn up at a board meeting with unresolved issues they can be questioned about by other directors.
This has worked well in the past for myself when in a long running dispute with a company.

To get the full list of names, go to companies house's website and download their annual filings, from there get all the company's directors name.

MD's / Chief Execs etc normally have their own dedicated customer service team that deal with escalations, alway go to the top if you want a thorough response.
Anyway use or ignore the above and I do hope it gets sorted soon.

I have filled my adblue from a hgv pump every time it needs refilling so far. That's 3 times in 10k.
Despite my van being both diesel and adblue thirsty it has never hickupped, thrown a code or let me down. It's been superb.

It's funny as I go from empty to full tank all the time. As soon as i fill up and drive off...it regenerates without fail.

@Twoguns, mine is still with dealer for the foreseeable future as they don't have the tooling to fix.

They have found me a replacement vehicle for tomorrow but it will have to be a pick up truck as they don't rent out auto vans. What have they given you as a replacement?

Looking like we will have to find a 204 dsg and try to come to an accord with the money. Otherwise may have to split the fleet and get a Vito.
How's yours going? What have they done to yours so far?

How's yours going? What have they done to yours so far?
I should be getting an update tomorrow from dealers, hopefully now they are paying for a hire vehicle it will speed up the process.

Any update on yours yet? There can't be much left to change!!!

I should be getting an update tomorrow from dealers, hopefully now they are paying for a hire vehicle it will speed up the process.

Any update on yours yet? There can't be much left to change!!!
Don't count on it @G11hws, mines usually in for two weeks at a time. I'm told that the Finance company pay for the replacement car for 48hrs then the dealer after that but they then charge VW as part of the warranty.

Didn't hear from the dealer yesterday but that's normal for them not to update me and I wasn't going to send the day trying to get in touch with the person working on it as I've lost enough time as it is.
When I spoke to The Service Manager Wednesday when it was sent back he said they don't really know where to go with it. Just confirms to me that they really haven't got a clue on this fault.

I had a call from the executive Customer Care office again after I put my new picture on their Facebook page and they confirm my Guys away until Monday and will get him to call me as soon as he is in.

You couldn't make it up.

So, they dropped the replacement car off a vauxhall mokka which had "Change Engine Oil Soon" showing on its display which I made them aware of yesterday and they said that's normal as we change our oil early (europcar merthyr tydfil). So I checked the dip stick just now and it's pretty much bone dry!!!!!!!
So another few phone calls and time lost and they said "If you bring it over we will top it up" I basically told them they could Feckoff as you dropped it off that way YOU can come to me, I'm not wasting another hour round trip because you couldn't be arsed to service or prep your car before sending out to your customers. If you don't it is more than likely going to run dry and cease the engine..so they are now going to send out a replacement car.

Now I'm more than capable of topping up Engine oil but I thought why should I, firstly I haven't got any and secondly it's just wrong.......So angry right now with the whole thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Twoguns, spoke to dealer and the van has been repaired and they are running more diagnostics and want the van to complete a regen cycle before we can have it back. I have requested a breakdown of the repairs carried out which they agreed to give me when i collect (wont hold my breath on that). With regards to the hire vehicle i only took one to speed things up and low and behold as soon as that was here the van is magically ready the next day, they have only had it for 10 days before that!!!! also i didnt want to have to be dropped off by the wife at the dealers so will dump the pick up truck there when i collect the van.

But to be fair to the dealer he didnt supply my van and did offer to arrange a vehicle on the second day, also i did tell them to take their time and use my van to find the route cause of this fault. I hope for everyones sake they can locate a definitive answer to the cause and get these vehicles working properly for all to enjoy.

As difficult as it seems at the moment try and detach yourself from the stress and worry and enjoy your fishing trip and dont let it cause you any ill health. Im sure eventually it will be sorted for all. ;)

You couldn't make it up.

So, they dropped the replacement car off a vauxhall mokka which had "Change Engine Oil Soon" showing on its display which I made them aware of yesterday and they said that's normal as we change our oil early (europcar merthyr tydfil). So I checked the dip stick just now and it's pretty much bone dry!!!!!!!
So another few phone calls and time lost and they said "If you bring it over we will top it up" I basically told them they could Feckoff as you dropped it off that way YOU can come to me, I'm not wasting another hour round trip because you couldn't be arsed to service or prep your car before sending out to your customers. If you don't it is more than likely going to run dry and cease the engine..so they are now going to send out a replacement car.

Now I'm more than capable of topping up Engine oil but I thought why should I, firstly I haven't got any and secondly it's just wrong.......So angry right now with the whole thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good for you. I'd have driven it like I stole it otherwise to make it blow up!

@Twoguns I believe this has been poor customer service from the dealer that now has your van. While they may be frustrated at not being able to resolve the T6 issue that is no excuse for sending out a "courtesy" vehicle with that little oil in the engine. As T6 Dave states, include it in your email to the MD VWUK so that he can get a grip on this as it is damaging the VW brand further and unnecessarily as they have problems enough without such slipshod attitudes :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:.

@hwd612 I would be interested how your van is after you do about 250-300miles since he did the work you mention.

I really can't see it being due to the way we fill the AdBlue. If this was the case then it wouldn't just be us 150 owners suffering as I'm sure 204 owners are doing it the same way.
My fault also started toward the last 1/3 of a tank of the original stuff that came with the van which was 2870 miles on the clock. So that's another thing that seems to be common if you read this tread, most of us are saying around the 3000mile range.
I'd be interested to know if the exhaust and AdBlue system is the same on both 150 and 204 version, anyone know?

I'm sorry to hear that the problem(s) in your van still haven't disappeared.
To answer your question:
Document: VW Service Training: Self Study Programme 564 – 2.0l TDI engines in T6.
In the Chapter of "Exhaust gas aftertreatment system SCR" is said that the system is same on all T6 engines (of this document). The document covers only engines CXGA (62kW/84hp), CXGB (75kW/102hp), CXHA (110kW/150hp), CXFA (110kW/150hp), and CXEB (150kW/204hp).
Also in the document: AdBlue tank capacity is about 13 litres and estimated range about 5200 km (3200 miles - if I did conversion right).
---
Last winter when we had really cold weather up here, well below -20C for a couple of weeks, which meant that also AdBlue was frozen (even though there is a kind of heater trying to keep it flowing). Then my range counter started gradually to step up from 8000 km (full) and reached 10000 km before weather turned back to normal. I did drive about 1000 km during that cold period - to gain 2000 km. Eventually I reached only 7000 km with that tank, but obviously that frozen 1000 km was still remaining at the end.

@Twoguns I believe this has been poor customer service from the dealer that now has your van. While they may be frustrated at not being able to resolve the T6 issue that is no excuse for sending out a "courtesy" vehicle with that little oil in the engine. As T6 Dave states, include it in your email to the MD VWUK so that he can get a grip on this as it is damaging the VW brand further and unnecessarily as they have problems enough without such slipshod attitudes :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:.
To be far @T6 Dave's Dad the dealer doesn't supply the car it's VW Assist. They source what they can from replies they get from suppliers when you need a replacement vehicle. In this case it was Europcar. They have now replaced it with a brand new Astra (they came to me) which is much better, got leather and most options you need so happier with that as I think I'm going to have this one a while as I don't want the van back to leave with my missus while I'm away.

@Twoguns, spoke to dealer and the van has been repaired and they are running more diagnostics and want the van to complete a regen cycle before we can have it back. I have requested a breakdown of the repairs carried out which they agreed to give me when i collect (wont hold my breath on that). With regards to the hire vehicle i only took one to speed things up and low and behold as soon as that was here the van is magically ready the next day, they have only had it for 10 days before that!!!! also i didnt want to have to be dropped off by the wife at the dealers so will dump the pick up truck there when i collect the van.

But to be fair to the dealer he didnt supply my van and did offer to arrange a vehicle on the second day, also i did tell them to take their time and use my van to find the route cause of this fault. I hope for everyones sake they can locate a definitive answer to the cause and get these vehicles working properly for all to enjoy.

As difficult as it seems at the moment try and detach yourself from the stress and worry and enjoy your fishing trip and dont let it cause you any ill health. Im sure eventually it will be sorted for all. ;)
I really hope yours works out but don't get your hopes up, as I've been there four times only for it too fail 250-300miles later.
When you find out what they have replaced if you could let us all know that would be very much appreciated.

Your right about detaching myself as it has made me a little stressed lately and a bit snappy as all my days off seem to be taken up with this dam thing. So I've decided to just leave it now until Monday when my supposedly high level contacts are back in. I'll,be telling them they have to stop messing about now and make me an offer to either give me a dead line of a final outcome which they clear don't know at this time or they make me an offer of a financial settlement to take my van and conversion costs back. If not then legal action will be seeked.

To be far @T6 Dave's Dad the dealer doesn't supply the car it's VW Assist. They source what they can from replies they get from suppliers when you need a replacement vehicle. In this case it was Europcar. They have now replaced it with a brand new Astra (they came to me) which is much better, got leather and most options you need so happier with that as I think I'm going to have this one a while as I don't want the van back to leave with my missus while I'm away.
Thanks for the information and I apologize for wrongly slating the dealer :( when it is Europa car that is at fault :thumbsdown:. Doesn't do their reputation much good though :whistle:.

I'm sorry to hear that the problem(s) in your van still haven't disappeared.
To answer your question:
Document: VW Service Training: Self Study Programme 564 – 2.0l TDI engines in T6.
In the Chapter of "Exhaust gas aftertreatment system SCR" is said that the system is same on all T6 engines (of this document). The document covers only engines CXGA (62kW/84hp), CXGB (75kW/102hp), CXHA (110kW/150hp), CXFA (110kW/150hp), and CXEB (150kW/204hp).
Also in the document: AdBlue tank capacity is about 13 litres and estimated range about 5200 km (3200 miles - if I did conversion right).
---
Last winter when we had really cold weather up here, well below -20C for a couple of weeks, which meant that also AdBlue was frozen (even though there is a kind of heater trying to keep it flowing). Then my range counter started gradually to step up from 8000 km (full) and reached 10000 km before weather turned back to normal. I did drive about 1000 km during that cold period - to gain 2000 km. Eventually I reached only 7000 km with that tank, but obviously that frozen 1000 km was still remaining at the end.
This is really starting to confirm my suspicions that my fault isn't to do with the AdBlue or exhaust system but more the engine being too dirty/rich etc as you would expect 204 owners to be complaining more than us 150 owners if it was the AdBlue/exhaust system.

Being a complete adblue virgin, I was talking to a guy yesterday who had the caravelle I want (who was full of praise for it by the way) and he told me that to keep the warranty from becoming void he has to take it to a vw dealer to get the adblue refilled!

Anyone else aware if this?

Back