Multiple Engine Management Faults

Yes it will be an interesting one with the remap. I'm sure VW have every right to reject a Warranty claim.

Thing is I cannot be without the van. I can't have a VW hire van as I have to use my van, my racking, my livery. The current Chipsaway hire van is it with other people. If the fault is fixable it has to be done within a day...Max.

I'm having my exhaust mid silencer deleted on Tuesday afternoon. Should beef up the abt exhaust sound which currently sounds like stock. I'll get the garage to read the code and go from there.

If it's the same fault everyone else is suffering it will eventually have a TSB to fix and will be under recall, just need them to find a solution to roll a TSB.

Remap or not it is an inherent fault in the design so they will need to fix it regardless.

Also they can't diagnose the faults with all the other vans, what are the chances of discovering your remap when they are repairing it, unless you tell them

As you have found already the van doesn't lose any functionality and if like me just keep using it anyway.

I gave them a chance and it didn't work so will wait until someone has had their van sorted with a permanent fix, no way can I put up with another l200 pickup as a hire vehicle. Amazingly they sell auto vans but don't have any to supply when/if they breakdown!!!!

Rant over, still love both vans warts and all. If it was the transit custom we had before it may well be a smouldering pile of ash by now!!!!!

If it's the same fault everyone else is suffering it will eventually have a TSB to fix and will be under recall, just need them to find a solution to roll a TSB.

Remap or not it is an inherent fault in the design so they will need to fix it regardless.

Also they can't diagnose the faults with all the other vans, what are the chances of discovering your remap when they are repairing it, unless you tell them

As you have found already the van doesn't lose any functionality and if like me just keep using it anyway.

I gave them a chance and it didn't work so will wait until someone has had their van sorted with a permanent fix, no way can I put up with another l200 pickup as a hire vehicle. Amazingly they sell auto vans but don't have any to supply when/if they breakdown!!!!

Rant over, still love both vans warts and all. If it was the transit custom we had before it may well be a smouldering pile of ash by now!!!!!

Well I knackered and sunburt from painting cars outside in the sun for the last two days. My bum feel sore from all the engine check light rape..... but you made me feel better knowing you are doing exactly what I thought I should do. Check the fault but wait it out until a solution is found. I'm pretty certain it's related to this thread.
I'll log it with VW in notts next week.

In the mean time ill get some preparation h. Dr Evil says It feels good on the hole and I expect more rape from Vw.

Ouch Sounds painful!!!!!

We just reset the light with Carista or if we forget it goes out after a few engine starts on its own.

We are just trying out a theory at the moment, we noticed that if we use the cruise control +\- 5mph button the light comes on (usually reducing speed) so far the light has not come back. We still use the cruise just +\- 1mph.

Anyway it's the weekend now so it's against the law to think or worry about till Monday morning :D

We are just trying out a theory at the moment, we noticed that if we use the cruise control +\- 5mph button the light comes on (usually reducing speed) so far the light has not come back. We still use the cruise just +\- 1mph.

Strange I too hit the -5mph button and it came on.
But yes. Beer o clock time.

I used my cruise today........constantly on the +/-5mph button.......no engine light. I suspect it's only a matter of time though! BTW, Seahouses Northumberland to Wetherby, averaged 50.9mpg according to the Multi Fantasy Display.......so it'll be about 44/45mpg when I refill and calculate manually. I really hope this whole Euro 6 engine issue is not the tip of the iceberg!

There's been a lot of mentions of cruise control in this thread, I wonder if it's just possible that has something to do with it? Some kind of interaction of cruise control with the regen process?

Does everyone who has had this issue come up do significant mileage using cruise control?

I do 20-30 miles a day at 70mph on the cruise control. I tend to use the buttons to control speed speed against traffic as i don't have active posh cruise.

120 miles a day average, 100 under cruise control. We have been thinking this for a while now so will monitor over the next few weeks. It's worth noting it only happens when the speed is reduced in 5mph increments.

If we can keep the light off and force it on by using the cruise in 5mph increments I will pass the info into Vw, whether they listen is another topic!!!!

120 miles a day average, 100 under cruise control. We have been thinking this for a while now so will monitor over the next few weeks. It's worth noting it only happens when the speed is reduced in 5mph increments.

If we can keep the light off and force it on by using the cruise in 5mph increments I will pass the info into Vw, whether they listen is another topic!!!!
That is how I was using cruise the other day.......mostly in 5mph increments........but I also used the other buttons for accel/decal too.........hmmmmm????? No engine light though?????

Also it is towards the end of the journey after 60 miles or so. Plenty of time to have carried out a regen or in the middle of a regen when it happens, might just be pie in the sky but if doesn't come on Sunday night that will the longest it has stayed off after resetting the light. I will let you all know Monday!!!!!

Anyone just see BBC Breakfast article about recalls so far this year? Guy quoted a case where an issue with cruise control caused an electrical fault.
He didn't say which manufacturer, but if anyone with the problems above know how to contact BBC and get hold of their guest's name/organisation it might be of use to you?

So I go a local garage to check the fault and reset. Unfortunately they didn't tell me the code.
It's was a intermittent light regarding the oil sensor logging a fault or something along those lines.
Reset it and so far no light back on.

As regards to the remap, the people who did your remap should be able to put it back as standard before any warranty work is carried out and first time they do this should be free. I was told each additional time is £35 when I enquirer about a remap!?!

So I go a local garage to check the fault and reset. Unfortunately they didn't tell me the code.
It's was a intermittent light regarding the oil sensor logging a fault or something along those lines.
Reset it and so far no light back on.
Sorry to be break it to you but my first EML the VW assist said it was the same, an oil sensor reading from the sump not reporting back to the dash display. He said to take it to dealer to double check. I did this and they just reset it and said false alarm.
After another few EML of the NOx level that we are all getting, I asked for a print out of all the work they did. When I double checked it all the NOx sensor error that I constantly get was there at the same time as the oil error but they didn't mention it.
If I was you I'd get VW to check it as it will probably still be stored. Then again they still haven't fixed mine but I'm on holiday so don't got a shit at the moment.

Back