Mud flaps for barn doors

I fitted the ones from the link I posted. The fronts aren’t really doing anything, going to buy some different ones. Not great quality and no fitting instructions...

View attachment 107475

After a couple of moths with these... One of the front ones have fallen off and the back ones don't look great. Going to purchase some that T6ARF has recommended.

After a couple of moths with these... One of the front ones have fallen off and the back ones don't look great. Going to purchase some that T6ARF has recommended.
They’re just cheap and cheerful, flat, generic mud flaps, but I really love ‘em! They fit inside the arch (before the front door) and stop all the crap from getting into all the little crevices! Have you noticed how much grit and crud actually gets into the door and rubs between the rubber seal and the paintwork? The fact that they come with no pre-drilled holes too means you can position them where you want them.... if you’ve got all terrain tyres that throw a lot of s#it up the sides, you can position them a bit further out. They won’t stop everything, but they’ll do a better job than any alternative I’ve seen and for less than £20 you can’t go wrong!

I have searched high and low to find some moulded t6 barn door mudguards but I can only find cheap looking straight fur ones not the moulded versions that are about did the tailgate.

Does anyone have the above fitted and can provide a link atall?

Hi all
Anyone know the difference between rear OEM mudflaps for barn door / tailgate.
I have purchased OEM barndoor muflaps. The drivers side fits well whilst the passenger side does not fit well. The long arm bracket does not locate into the upper fixing when the flap is flush against the van.
Any thoughts please. ?
Regards
Matt

Anyone know the difference between rear OEM mudflaps for barn door / tailgate.
I have purchased OEM barndoor muflaps.

Please see link below:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115064740645

This one is for T6 barn door model. But in the description it says not for T6.1... I thought rear bumpers on barn door models are identical on T6 and T6.1...

Have anyone got any experience with this one?

54CB57CE-1B36-43E6-8C16-6C44FFA2460D.jpeg26B4686D-BEE0-4C0A-9A70-DF8CF78BF658.jpeg

VW Volkswagen T6 Front & Rear Mud Flap Set

NOT T6.1
  • Suitable for:
    T6 Transporter / Caravelle, (2015-2019)
    ''For Barn/Twin Door Models Only''
  • Set Contains:
    Pair of Front Mudflaps
    Pair of Rear Mudflaps
    Fittings Included​
  • Condition: Brand New

• Warranty: 12 Months​

I had been looking high and low for a rear mudguard for a t6 barn door that sits flush without having to drill into the bumper. Finally found some that fit great so thought I would share as I remember a few others struggling to find some too.
Picture is them fitted my t6 barn door.

IMG_20230611_081408.jpg

Excellent find, there seems to be quite a few out there for tailgate but nothing for barn doors . :thumbsup:

Thank you, Sir, been looking for some time. Ordered just now, just have to wait until they arrive here in Sp[ain.

I had been looking high and low for a rear mudguard for a t6 barn door that sits flush without having to drill into the bumper. Finally found some that fit great so thought I would share as I remember a few others struggling to find some too.
Picture is them fitted my t6 barn door.

View attachment 201950
Well, they arrived today. Not fitted yet as need to get jack to take wheels off. How did you fit them, as the screws are way too short. What to do it right so asking.

Wot he said! Did you glue, did you screw and did you need to trim them at all? The listing says they aren't the right size for MY2020 6.1? They look very good indeed...

Well, they arrived today. Not fitted yet as need to get jack to take wheels off. How did you fit them, as the screws are way too short. What to do it right so asking.
I used the screws provided and a couple of extra self tapers. The only bit I had to trim was underneath to go over the crease line on the bottom of the bumper. The rest once first screw fitted I could push the rest into shape and work my way along etc.
Had no issues and very easy but yes take wheel off to do it.

Thank you for that Andy, I'll get some ordered, I'm sure I'll cope! You should be on a commission from Xukey!

Back