Mud flaps for barn doors

Where’s the best place to get a set of Mud Flaps for a Barn Door model?

I’m after ones that go in the Arch, not the Genuine ones that screw into the bumper further back.....

Same here! I've literally just started looking and thought I'd search this form to start.

Fingers crossed someone will come back.

Same here! I've literally just started looking and thought I'd search this form to start.

Fingers crossed someone will come back.

I washed and polished the van yesterday, drove to work (10min journey on dry roads) and it was filthy along the sides by the time I got there, hence the question...

Sounds like we’re all in the same boat haha!

I noticed mine had chucked a load of tar up the side as well, two hours of cleaning it

I have ordered a set off Travelin-lite as recommended on the thread above. I will let you know how I get on.

No sorry mate, I have a Cali with tailgate. Just checked the Travelin-lite website and note that they don't appear to have a barn door option. Sorry to have mislead you. There is other retailers mentioned on the thread though, worth a read.

I got the tailgate Travelinlite ones for my van with barn doors and to be fair the profile on the rear ones around the bumper are not that out

I got the tailgate Travelinlite ones for my van with barn doors and to be fair the profile on the rear ones around the bumper are not that out

Would you be able to post a picture up of yours? Were they easy enough to fit minicharli?

I've just found this website T6 VW Mudflaps | Tailgate | Set of 4 | Shorty | CUSTOMVEEDUBS

Although they're out of stock I'm sure it's the same product that Travelinlite are selling. In the last picture you can see they have them fitted to a barn door T6, there's a small gap at the bottom. I'm wondering just to bite the bullet and get some for a tailgate, then try and modify them to suit.

More searching and could be onto a winner! T5/T5.1/T6/T6.1 Front & Rear Mudflaps - Full Set - Vee Dub Transporters

*PLEASE NOTE, these will NOT fit T6/T6.1 vans with a tailgate as the rear profile is slightly different they are only compatible with T6/T6.1 vans with barn doors"

I fitted the Vee Dub Transporter mudflaps noted above last year - simple to fit and they have not fallen off yet...

I fitted the Vee Dub Transporter mudflaps noted above last year - simple to fit and they have not fallen off yet...

Hi Crooky, thanks for the feedback. I've ordered a set from Vee Dub Transporters. I'll post a few pictures once fitted.

Can anyone recommend rear mud flaps for barndoors? trying to get the type that fit into the arch ,sadly they all seem to be designed for tailgate only :thumbsdown: I thought there would be a type designed to fit barndoors by now ...

Last edited:
I fitted the ones from the link I posted. The fronts aren’t really doing anything, going to buy some different ones. Not great quality and no fitting instructions...

730393F7-C720-4F36-9DE4-04506A2BC688.jpeg

Edit: see update

I totally recommend these....

I fitted them to my van in January, after removing the genuine VW shite things.... these have been brilliant at keeping the crud off the side of the van!

51F1D67B-68E3-4CF9-894F-9363F35045EE.jpeg

Thanks for the rec.
I see these come with clips and screws. Do the screws go into the bodywork?
I guess the wheels need to come off for fitting too?
No worries! The plastic fittings and screws go into the plastic arch liner only, not the bodywork. And yes, definitely best to remove the wheels :thumbsup:

9F16D3BA-114E-4071-A7BE-02E3EC4C4F5A.jpeg

Back