Mud flaps for barn doors

Thank you for that Andy, I'll get some ordered, I'm sure I'll cope! You should be on a commission from Xukey!
I'm normally against buying "cheap" generic things but after trying other sets i thought I've got nothing to loose at that price and i know many others couldn't find any for a barn door either! But definitely no way associated to them!

Just a word of warning regarding shorty front mudguards.
I purchased some last year from ebay. The front guard gently rubs the bottom of the doors, it takes the paint off in no time and then the rust starts to creep around.
I'm just about to remove them, they did more harm than good. It may be possible to take a slice off the top surface with a stanley or craft knife.
Modern paint is so thin, the manufacturers do this purposely to reduce their environmental targets. The same reason as when you unscrew a bolt it was never lubricated. Plus it saves them £££'s.

Reactions: CAB
I had been looking high and low for a rear mudguard for a t6 barn door that sits flush without having to drill into the bumper. Finally found some that fit great so thought I would share as I remember a few others struggling to find some too.
Picture is them fitted my t6 barn door.

View attachment 201950
Can you please confirm that it was the ones in link as they seem to be same for front and back. Appreciate your help.

I used the screws provided and a couple of extra self tapers. The only bit I had to trim was underneath to go over the crease line on the bottom of the bumper. The rest once first screw fitted I could push the rest into shape and work my way along etc.
Had no issues and very easy but yes take wheel off to do it.
Hi, I've just received mine and just can't get them to fit with the screws being too short. Could you send pictures of fittings and how you've done it. Much appreciated.

Can anyone confirm if these are compatible with drive up leveling blocks on both front and rear and also side bars (the Trapezoid Sportline Style) ?

We use the levelling blocks a fair bit on sites but also our side bars have started to corrode at each end where all the road mess goes from the wheels so looking into putting some flaps on to protect them.

Cheers

I've changed my highline 16" wheels to larger/ wider wheels (235/50/18) and now have alot more "splatter" up the sides of van ( everyday driving as its a work/ leisure van). Do these shorty mudguards actually reduce/ stop splatter? Don't like the look of oem mudguards which attach to side of rear bumper. Any feedback appreciated

I like the look of them too. I have 18's also. They aren't very effective but look good. When you open the door you find mud compacted against the sill, I'm ditching mine and buying some genuine mud flaps.

I like the look of them too. I have 18's also. They aren't very effective but look good. When you open the door you find mud compacted against the sill, I'm ditching mine and buying some genuine mud flaps.
Thanks for that info, looks like I won't bother getting them if not effective

Does anyone know where I can get a full set of the shorty mudflaps for barn doors ?
Nobody seems to have any stock of the rear ones. I can get the front ones.
I’m not keen on the flat ones.
Cheers

I had been looking high and low for a rear mudguard for a t6 barn door that sits flush without having to drill into the bumper. Finally found some that fit great so thought I would share as I remember a few others struggling to find some too.
Picture is them fitted my t6 barn door.

View attachment 201950
Dis you have to trim these and did the fixing holes all line up?.

Just purchased a pair from veebud transporters myself
I've been looking for months and there only seem to be 2 types for us mere mortals with barn doors. I've not fitted yet.
I ordered some from ebay which are universal but they will look crap. So choice is the 2°°°¿¿

I got some from the campervan warehouse on eBay .. fit perfectly. Even the place that fitted them said they’d never seen any that fit so well

See them fitted here

That’s not me … just to be clear lol

Can't believe I gave view! 99% he has tail gate so will not work with barn doors apparently.
Like I said there only 2 for barn/twin and 1 has brackets..your call fella

Can’t understand why they wouldn’t fit as they fit in the wheel arch . There’s a few tailgate conversions and none of them mess with the wheel arches … wonder what the difference is?

Can’t understand why they wouldn’t fit as they fit in the wheel arch . There’s a few tailgate conversions and none of them mess with the wheel arches … wonder what the difference is?
its the bumper shape where it meets the wheel arch.

I got some from the campervan warehouse on eBay .. fit perfectly. Even the place that fitted them said they’d never seen any that fit so well

See them fitted here

That’s not me … just to be clear lol
Do you have a link please to the eBay shop

Just purchased a pair from veebud transporters myself
I've been looking for months and there only seem to be 2 types for us mere mortals with barn doors. I've not fitted yet.
I ordered some from ebay which are universal but they will look crap.IMG_6136.pngIMG_6136.png So choice is the 2°°°¿¿
Are these the ones please

Back