Difference between barn-door bumper and tailgate bumper?

Ads_Essex

Local lowlife
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hello all,

Does anyone know the difference between the barn-door bumper and the tailgate bumper? I see that the tailgate bumper has wraparound red reflectors, but does it fit differently?

In the long run I'm hoping to swap out my solid barn doors for a tailgate, and wonder if the bumper will need changing too. That's why I ask. That and the fact that Google doesn't have the answer!

Cheers,
Adam

I've found a garage who say they have two new and unused tailgates for sale...

Tempted to leave the bumper, providing the door width is the same...

Last edited:
I believe to swap the door you have to change the bumper and lights as the profile is different
The mountings for the bumper will be the same/similar

Hi there, you said you'd found a garage with two tailgates for sale. Would you mind if I asked where? I'm after one myself for a 2016 T30. Huge thanks if so!

For anyone else reading this and wondering, see this post for the answer

Hi. In need of a bumper as had a little accident . Do I need one for barn doors not tailgate. & what year will fit. Tia

Yes they're specific to barn doors, I do believe they're the same as t5's which might help with finding one.

If you need to change the rear lights would it be worth an upgrade to a led set?

(is it A LED set or AN LED set?) I know it should be A but feels like I should say AN !

Hi all. Sorry I'm sure there is a definitive answer to this some where on here. I've got a 2018 barn door T6. Some twit in Edinburgh decided to whallop the rear corner and leave it. So I came back to a pretty badly broken bumper.

Looking about to replace it, I'm finding it really tricky to find a T6 rear bumper with sensor holes.

Do the T5 bumpers definitely fit? If so I seem to have had more joy finding those online. Any tips as to where to buy from / decent quality etc also warmly welcomed.

Cheers

Any tips as to where to buy from / decent quality etc
I thought I saw Travelin-Lite advertising primed bumpers on their website.
Second-hand, Kernow Conversions seemed to always have stock when I was looking (albeit some in better condition than others)

Back