MPG 150 DSG

My previous Trafics/ Vivaro's averaged 31mpg over 3/5/8 years of mixed driving. ( LWB/SWB/6-seaters).Never missed a beat mind.

When we picked our van up a month ago the display was telling us adblue needed filling in 4000 miles, despite the dealer topping it up as part of the pdi checks.
We've done around 1500 miles so far and adblue now up to 8000 for next top up, and the mpg is creeping up the longer we own it.
I drive to speed limits, anticipate hills, get some momentum going down hills, cruise going up hills, never thrash engine getting up to speed and so far well impressed.
Our van is a 150 manual, fully converted LWB.
IMG_20180719_220536.jpg

Bloody hell....8000 miles to next adblue top up.....I thought 4500 was the maximum? Mine always shows 4500 miles when full. As for the mfd mpg display.....I hope yours is accurate as mine is woeful! Mine now reads over by approximately 12mpg.....you might just want to check that manually.....if it's right, that's brilliant! You will find that there's a massive difference in fuel consumption across this forum. :thumbsup:
When we picked our van up a month ago the display was telling us adblue needed filling in 4000 miles, despite the dealer topping it up as part of the pdi checks.
We've done around 1500 miles so far and adblue now up to 8000 for next top up, and the mpg is creeping up the longer we own it.
I drive to speed limits, anticipate hills, get some momentum going down hills, cruise going up hills, never thrash engine getting up to speed and so far well impressed.
Our van is a 150 manual, fully converted LWB.
View attachment 25760

Oh....I just looked closely at the pic....you might want to set it to mpg readout 2 for a more consistent reading? If you're already aware of that....and you probably are, just ignore what I said....I'm not trying to teach you to suck eggs mate!:thumbsup:

Oh....I just looked closely at the pic....you might want to set it to mpg readout 2 for a more consistent reading? If you're already aware of that....and you probably are, just ignore what I said....I'm not trying to teach you to suck eggs mate!:thumbsup:
Thanks for the tip! I wasnt aware but will certainly do MPG 2 as a comparison. Yes adblue has changed massively since we got ours. Theres so many horror stories surrounding adblue I was beginning to wonder if we'd done the right thing buying a T6 before we'd actually collected it. Really no complaints.

My one huge concern is the lights, theyre not only unacceptable theyre outright dangerous, we drive everywhere full beam at night and have never once been flashed for it, thats worrying!

I've just done 1500 miles in a week following the TDF around France. Would say that my display showed mostly 40-44mpg on a fully converted 150hp manual with 3 road bikes on the VW rack on the tailgate.
I drove 650km in one hit on the toll roads from south of Grenoble to Calais. Managed 44.8mpg at a steady 70mph ISH (not using cruise control).
I have the standard Devonports 17" factory tyres and lowered 50mm so I fit under the 2m fast auto tolls 30kph speed through.

Been very happy with the MPG on what is in effect a brick. Reading the lower MPG figures a lot seem to be DSG, could this be a factor?

Using MPG 2 our van was sat at 40mpg, until a recent trip to the Peak District (beautiful but lumpy old place!), and it dropped to 37mpg. Now back up to 38.5mpg which I suspect will rise again over the coming weeks, at least until our Scottish Highland trip in November anyway!!

Just wondering if there is any difference in mpg if stop/start switched off
I am getting t32 lwd dsg mid november it will be fully loaded and a fair amount of towing upto max gross train weight
I have a transit rwd swb doing about 22 mpg at the moment
Never driven auto beforevso this will be interesting

I suspect it'll be fractionally worse if switched off? And I do mean fractionally.

I did the experiment early on and got a drop of approx 1.5mpg with it off over 3 tankfuls

T6 2.0 TDI engine on idle consumes fuel about 0.8 litres/hour so calculating the start/stop savings is quite straightforward.

Last edited:
Just coming up to 10k and finally starting to see some decent figures. I've not worked it out exactly as I aren't using much fuel at the moment and thus only topping up once a month at nowhere near empty. Previously worked out that the computer is a little bit optimistic (No surprises!) so I'm not under the illusion that I've actually just got 50 MPG but it won't be far off. This was a 25 mile trip with four passengers, no more than 60 mph, steady away to the shops and back. 20190106_154922.jpg
The only thing that keeps the overall low is the flipping regen every couple of hundred miles!

Hi all my t6 150bhp has shocking mpg it's been for the last few weeks and if you go to over take there's a deeper induction sound the only way I could describe is like the induction noise on a motor bike. Had a look under the bonnet and can't see or feel anything lose. There's no lights on the dash . Has anyone else HD anything like this that could point me in the right direction

What spec van.?

You in 36mnth warranty?

Can you get a sound clip? - post a link to a video clip.

What spec van.?

You in 36mnth warranty?

Can you get a sound clip? - post a link to a video clip.
It's a 2016 and brought privately so no warranty I will try and get a sound clip later . It's a lwb 150bhp now a kombi with 20" wheels only had it 4 weeks it was fairly good on fuel for the size of it I've had t5 and t4s before so I know there not brilliant on fuel.

What sort of mpg are you getting? This time of year mine's just 30mpg doing steady rural stuff. It might nudge 35mpg in the summer.

Last edited:
more info -

I do do 6 miles a day for work 4 on a motorway at 70mph 2 on A road at 40mph getting 26 mpg on the trip computer . Is that normal? Also my fans seams to be on when I turn van off most journeys

Back