MPG 150 DSG

I have standard tank mate - also reckon after the 55 miles I could get another 30 as it has a stupid amount left in it.

OK assume 70 litre tank and you refill at 62 litres which is usually 10-0 miles range.
500-550 miles is 36-40mpg.... which is what I'd expect to get.

I will take that, although when the Mrs gets a new car we are getting something fast as after 3 years of driving at 70 and constantly holding back I will go insane.

I filled up today and worked out 34.2 MPG. MFD said 36.8 MPG. So about 7% out. I've just driven 250 miles and the MFD said 40 exactly, so minus 7% is about 37 MPG which is much better than my kombi but not as high as I was hoping.

There must be something wrong with mine then reading through this thread.

I cannot get the T6 above 30mpg no matter how easy I try and drive it.

I used to get 28mpg out of my 2002 TD5 Discovery whilst towing a 26 foot caravan.

I wish it had the same Renault engine that my Vivao has, as that returns nearer 40mpg producing the same power and carrying 500kg of kit.

Its actually making me consider getting rid of it.

I managed to get anothe 80 miles when it said 55 left, so pretty much a min of 550 max of 580 miles on a baby tank.

I've just completed an approx 1500 mile trip from Yorkshire to Naples. I filled up near Escrick using BP Ultimate and got all the way to Luxembourg with 80 miles range showimg on my mfd. Actually had 12 litres left so I'd say easy more than 80 miles. I drove fairly economically whilst maintaining motorway speeds by feathering the power up hills, using the coast function and keeping revs below 2000. Got 36.3 MPG, MFD read 38.1. Next tank was again BP Ultimate, it got me into Italy. I was fed up of driving by now and used the Cruise Control most of the way. Got slightly worse MPG due to Cruise being employed. Fuel prices in Italy are extortionate. €1.76 for ENI diesel +, so I opted for the regular diesel at the bargain price of €1.68! Immediately noticed the average MPG dropping, checked the range and it was down to 430! Bear in mind that the range of the first two tanks were just shy of 600 after filling up! Also by the end of the journey MPG on MFD was down to 33.5!

All thing considered and circumstances being equal except for where I've described differences I'm sure you'll all agree it's a big old downward turn in MPG based on fuel type.

As a result I'm just wondering what fuel you guys are using?

And, is that having an effect?

This is not the first VW I've had that prefers premium fuel.

I know there are differing opinions on this and I'm not trying to hijack this thread and open up a debate about premium fuels but I couldn't ignore my experience with regards to this thread.

Shell normal or v power made no difference over 10k tests. I use only v power to keep the dpf cleaner.
Fair enough just thought I'd put it out there.

Also I meant to say that i noticed a couple of times that MPG dropped for 20 minutes or So, I assume that this is it regenning?

We’ve just had our LWB 102 aka the slug, remapped at Pendle performance. Pulls so much better in the higher gears and still averages about 35/40 mpg fully converted.

always use the premium fuels where poss.
I feel that I get more mpg from this and believe the pundits that its better for the engine.

I'm a shell premium guy. I was sold when I worked out that due to the increased MPG it's actually cheaper!

Bit of a turn up for the books !.

Drove back from Wales today and got past 400 miles without the fuel light coming on.

MFD average for the trip said 39mpg with average speed of 50mph.
20180403_204528.jpg

There must be something wrong with mine then reading through this thread.

I cannot get the T6 above 30mpg no matter how easy I try and drive it.

I used to get 28mpg out of my 2002 TD5 Discovery whilst towing a 26 foot caravan.

I wish it had the same Renault engine that my Vivao has, as that returns nearer 40mpg producing the same power and carrying 500kg of kit.

Its actually making me consider getting rid of it.
I've ran Vivaro 1.9's and Trafic 2.0 for 16 years. Panel vans and 6-seat combi's. they've NEVER strayed away from 31mpg ever. And I reckon that's ok for LWB vans.

Reading this has depressed me I thought my old 63 Vivaro manual was bad but that did anywhere from 32 average in winter to 36 in summer.
I filled the VW up full when I bought it and reset the trip, I did 266 miles and hit 31.5 which was disappointing, I've refilled to full and will do the full tank, I dont use the MFD I use a app mines a 150 dsg, kombi not much in the back, but theres plenty in the back now so might make a difference.
Filled up with BP standard diesel, next time ill try ultimate see if it makes a difference.

Has anyone r mapped a T6 150 has the MPG increased at all

ufullsizeoutput_eb4.jpg

Mpg stays the same with remap.
Mpg stays the same even after 1200mile engine run in.
35k on mine 29mpg average over those 35k miles.

Reading this has depressed me I thought my old 63 Vivaro manual was bad but that did anywhere from 32 average in winter to 36 in summer.
I filled the VW up full when I bought it and reset the trip, I did 266 miles and hit 31.5 which was disappointing, I've refilled to full and will do the full tank, I dont use the MFD I use a app mines a 150 dsg, kombi not much in the back, but theres plenty in the back now so might make a difference.
Filled up with BP standard diesel, next time ill try ultimate see if it makes a difference.

Has anyone r mapped a T6 150 has the MPG increased at all

uView attachment 21414
There does seem to be some very varied MPG figures being reported. My latest brim to brim measure (150 DSG fully loaded camper) was 40.7 MPG over a trip of 519 miles - this was with BP Ultimate Diesel.

Aside from the camper conversion, my van is pretty standard and running on the supplied 16" alloys with 205/65 low rolling resistance tyres inflated to around 60PSI. I usually drive to the speed limits, rarely use cruise control (after reading somewhere on here that it can have a detrimental effect on MPG), and tend not to use the AC (though I'm not sure if this makes much difference to MPG nowadays?).

See some more discussion on this thread:- 22mpg. Is That A New Worst Best?

Back