Fickle MPG

150 lwb Highline averaging over 43 so far, but adblue range gone from 4500 on 93 delivery mileage to 5500 now at 800 miles....BUT...still an empty pv.

Just got through my first tank full on the T6 102 T30. I had driven 640 miles when the light came on and said there was still 80 miles left in the tank. Worked it out to be 40mpg. Mix of work commute (50/50 back roads and duel carriage way) and 2 motorway trips of 100 miles each way.

New wheels and tyres going on this week and coilover suspension so the next tank may not be as good.

I've got a 102 t30 euro 5 and my last abacus calculation got me 41.3mpg with a mixture of short journeys and motorway miles with a trip to Bristol. I'm happy with that.

I'm seeing 32.5 on trip2, (so less than that in real life) but the van's still to hit 1,000 miles. It's a 204. This is a combination of m/ways and d/carriageways and A roads with very little in-town driving. Given it's a 2.5 ton brick, with a large chunk of the Forth Rail Bridge on the roof, and about a third of that distance includes having a kayak on the roof, I suppose it's not too bad. It's still worse than we hoped for.

Van and boat.jpg

@MikeB got the same, is yours DSG or manual? I found at about 1400 miles it really started loosening up, and Avg Cons 2 went from 32ish to 37.2 currently showing pretty rapidly. But what I really want to know is where you got the accessory to hold the kayak on its side, we have just bought a three man sea kayak and those would be perfect.

Initially mine was terrible 25mpg on short journeys etc.

Now I have reached 7K and had the software recall done at the dealer and some very long trips in France 4-5 hours drives per day etc it has settled down a lot.

Local trips are not good at 25-30mpg
But the best I achieved was on the french autoroute I did some tests driving the whole day at a set speed my results look like this;
60mph(58 gps) - 49mpg
70mph - 37mpg
80mph - 29mpg

..so it is achievable but the higher you go over 60 in a laden Cali it does start to drink the fuel.

150swb fully converted manual. MFD says 37mpg sometimes 40mpg. Just starting to take accurate readings using fuely. If near to 37mpg then think I will be happy with that.

I've just had my multi fraudulent display re calibrated so it'll be interesting to see what difference it makes?

The reason they are all bad on fuel is the constant regens, how anyone can claim thats better for the environment I do not know

Got 15 miles worth of fuel left in the tank (according to MFD) from full (£85 @ £1.23.9) and covered 537 miles. Mine is LWB T32 150ps euro 6 with around 300-400kg load.

My trip to work today gave a readout an average consumption of 42.8mpg and return trip 46.6 mpg. Speed not exeeding 65mph (M25/M40) and cruise controll on whenever possible. Return journey was just under 65 miles.

However I am thinking to get it remaped fir better economy. Anybody can recommend a reputable outfit in Hertfordshire area???

The reason they are all bad on fuel is the constant regens, how anyone can claim thats better for the environment I do not know
Yes regents all the time. We live in rural area so no stop start driving but it is supprising how many regenenerations the engine does. When turning of ignition at least twice a week fan keeps going.

Got 15 miles worth of fuel left in the tank (according to MFD) from full (£85 @ £1.23.9) and covered 537 miles. Mine is LWB T32 150ps euro 6 with around 300-400kg load.

My trip to work today gave a readout an average consumption of 42.8mpg and return trip 46.6 mpg. Speed not exeeding 65mph (M25/M40) and cruise controll on whenever possible. Return journey was just under 65 miles.

However I am thinking to get it remaped fir better economy. Anybody can recommend a reputable outfit in Hertfordshire area???
With this economy I would be very happy, don't think you can expect more than that.

What have you done ?
That doesnt look like a standard battery and i dont see the negative shunt sensor ?

Im intrigued ..........

Back