MPG 150 DSG

PukkaT6

Pukka Insurance
T6 Legend
As there seems to be alot of posts about poor MPG I thought Id give a little update.

When I forst got the van I was averaging 35 mpg on my daily commute which is a 60 mile of which around 40 miles on motorway. I felt like I was visiting the petrol station far to often.

After 3500 miles it really does seem to have improved. Today I managed a whopping 48 mpg driving in exactly the same manner, and if anything due to schools being back alot more stop start.

Considering I would have been happy with 38-40mpg Im actually impressed.

IMG_9164.JPG

Last edited:
I would like to see the actual mpg you're getting not the mfd readout. I can average 35mpg on the mfd quite often. Even 38.
However real world with propper calculations it's 29mpg over 19000 miles.

I'm not a mathematician but going off fag packet calculations Id say i'm circa 25-30% more efficient than you are ;)

Here's my fuel consumption based on milage and uplift, nearly always a little worse than MFD

150DSG LWB with a day van conversion and Reimo easyfit roof

IMG_7633.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Last time coming back from Cornwall while on the. M5 the MFD read 59 mpg. Filled up in Penzance got back home with just under half a tank left I have nothing to complain about. Not bad for 410 miles.

I don't know about everybody else but I feel like I am forever on the courtyard filling up:(, only averaging 33mpg and that includes a lot of 250 mile at a time drives and not putting my foot down, it's worse than my thirsty mk1 and that can really move, is it different for DSG and manual?

I don't know about everybody else but I feel like I am forever on the courtyard filling up:(, only averaging 33mpg and that includes a lot of 250 mile at a time drives and not putting my foot down, it's worse than my thirsty mk1 and that can really move, is it different for DSG and manual?
Mine's a 150 DSG and it started off doing about 36mpg which I was very happy with, but since passing 5000 miles it's getting a bit better with the last few tanks averaging 38-39mpg. That's the true mpg, though the displayed mpg is only about 1.5mpg optimistic which is probably the most accurate fuel gauge I've ever had! Quite honestly though, anything over 30 for a 2.5 ton van with the aerodynamics of a brick is fine by me

My mrs has a Golf and if you put £10 in you get easy 100 miles, thats what I miss.

My 150 dsg swb is way better than my Volvo xc90 so I can't complain. I have noticed that if I drive for a while at a steady 70 mph on a long trip the mfd says 38mpg (ish) but if I then speed up to a steady 80mph for a while it improves up to 42mpg (ish)...?

That is the best yet with a 150 i bet ? dont tell @RattyMcClelland :D
Sorry Stud....gonna have to tommy top PukkaT6 on that one! IMAG1108.jpg 'ave it!!!!! Bare in mind though.......I bet I also hold the record for the most inaccurate MFD on this forum......always reads between 6 and 8 mpg optimistic! Pointless piece of shit really........must have a word with vw over this. Reality is that 51.4 will have been more like 43 ish.

Hang on that could be a two min journey lol I need more info before I accept this challenge.

Hang on that could be a two min journey lol I need more info before I accept this challenge.
Now now Pukka.......you callin' me a cheat......I'm appalled!!? ;) That was a 398 mile journey to Northumberland and back.......mainly A roads. :thumbsup:

Ok Challenge accepted - I only do 30 miles each way so will try and beat that tonight - Nobody go near the M56 after 6pm as there will be a rolling roadblock ha

Now 'ang on a minute.....you can't throw down the gauntlet on a 30 mile journey........let's have some consistency here! What about best tankful? :thumbsup:

Back