Mounting TV to ceiling..

Dom76

Hi All, I’m picking up my new caravelle on Friday and the shopping list is currently being compiled, we have a couple of trips planned post lockdown and to keep the kids entertained I would like to install a tv / DVD player on the ceiling between front seats, firstly do you guys know if the headling can take the weight or is there a roof support I can take advantage since the lining I’d thicker due to the vents. And secondly apart from Alpine the only other branded unit i have seen is xtrons, are these any good or should I pay the extra for Apline? Or can anyone recommend any others.
Thanks
Dom

I’ve been looking for similar but to fix to the undeside of a pop top bed and saw this which loooks quite tempting as it’s only a small bracket you attach to the roof. Would need to likely either paint it or carpet it as the white would stick out a bit

CTA Digital 2-in-1 Kitchen Mount Stand for iPad Air, iPad mini, Surface, & Other 7–12 Inch Tablets (PAD-KMS) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00I4I9...abc_CPZXJK0MTT9VV44C5EZY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Morning All,
got an xtrons roof mount tv but when looking at installing it if I want to catch the main roof support from b pillar 2 b pillar the TV is sitting a bit 2 far into the cab.
My question is can I just bond a bit of ply on 2 the roof and mount it through my halo on 2 that??
Thanks

Yes that's fine and what we do. The roof has quite abit of strength due to the ribs.
But I must say we hardly fit any of these now. ( maybe last one 4 years ago ) tv mount on headrest is better and xtrons TV are not the best ( most roof mount drop down tv or monitors are poor tbo )

Hi thanks for the reply.. totally get what ur saying with a headrest mount but when camping and the 40winks is folded out there's not much room to walk in between the seats and just thought a roof mount would b better. With regards to the xtrons apparently the one I have bought is the newer android one 1080 fhd but not sure what the picture quality is like?.

Hi thanks for the reply.. totally get what ur saying with a headrest mount but when camping and the 40winks is folded out there's not much room to walk in between the seats and just thought a roof mount would b better. With regards to the xtrons apparently the one I have bought is the newer android one 1080 fhd but not sure what the picture quality is like?.
Totally understand not 1 option suits everyone
I've no info on the newer ones as I've not seen any.
Maybe worth just connecting it up and having a play before fitting. My experience with the old ones was never good.
One customer did buy a £600 kenwood roof monitor which was excellent but expensive, and only around 9 inch screen if I remember correctly.

@AJCConversions. How would u bond the ply??
Sikaflex?? Or something else.
Also does the ply have to go under the ribs or can it just b bonded 2 the roof?
Thanks

Is there anything here that will do the job? I use this mount system with an IPad Pro at home and occasionally in the van. It’s certainly not cheap but top quality and versatile.

Is there anything here that will do the job? I use this mount system with an IPad Pro at home and occasionally in the van. It’s certainly not cheap but top quality and versatile.
some good brackets there but, i think i want to go down the roof mount way as its up out of the way an i have actually bought the screen and had for 2months b4 trying to fit it so cant really get a refund i aslo bought to head sets to go with it.

some good brackets there but, i think i want to go down the roof mount way as its up out of the way an i have actually bought the screen and had for 2months b4 trying to fit it so cant really get a refund i aslo bought to head sets to go with it.
Mines mounted on the roof, the screen mount quick detaches from the base.

@AJCConversions. How would u bond the ply??
Sikaflex?? Or something else.
Also does the ply have to go under the ribs or can it just b bonded 2 the roof?
Thanks
Yes sikafkex or similar polyurethane adhesive. I've had no issues bonded to the roof skin. The larger the area it is spread over helps too, so not same size as the unit itself. But make sure you have space for any cables to come out

Yes sikafkex or similar polyurethane adhesive. I've had no issues bonded to the roof skin. The larger the area it is spread over helps too, so not same size as the unit itself. But make sure you have space for any cables to come out
ok great thanks

Back