Gareth Edmondson

T6 Pro
After two years of owning a 2018 T6, we've finally got around to booking it into Platinum Conversions in Swansea. Not for a full camper conversion as we have a caravan but some aesthetics to make it a nicer day van. Hooray.

Two questions which have raised themselves....

We are having a removable table fitted (floor standing) behind the front seats for the kids to write, colour play games etc. Question is whether we are allowed to keep it up when travelling?

Second - we are having a ceiling mounted TV with DVD for the kids to watch - again when travelling. WHat do people advise? Platinum use Alpine - and it's going to cost around £500-600 - this is what they advise for sturdyness and reliability. The ones I see on t'internet only seem to have 10.1 screens which I think is too small. What have others got that drop down from the roof?

Any pictures from the above two questions welcome.

Other bits we are having..... Carpeted, usb sockets, spoiler, spotlights down the middle. And that's it for now. Eventually - recovered seats and some other bits and bobs.

Normal day van.

Thanks all - pictures and answers all welcome.

Gareth

After two years of owning a 2018 T6, we've finally got around to booking it into Platinum Conversions in Swansea. Not for a full camper conversion as we have a caravan but some aesthetics to make it a nicer day van. Hooray.

Two questions which have raised themselves....

We are having a removable table fitted (floor standing) behind the front seats for the kids to write, colour play games etc. Question is whether we are allowed to keep it up when travelling?

Second - we are having a ceiling mounted TV with DVD for the kids to watch - again when travelling. WHat do people advise? Platinum use Alpine - and it's going to cost around £500-600 - this is what they advise for sturdyness and reliability. The ones I see on t'internet only seem to have 10.1 screens which I think is too small. What have others got that drop down from the roof?

Any pictures from the above two questions welcome.

Other bits we are having..... Carpeted, usb sockets, spoiler, spotlights down the middle. And that's it for now. Eventually - recovered seats and some other bits and bobs.

Normal day van.

Thanks all - pictures and answers all welcome.

Gareth
My concern would be that the table could cause injury to the occupants in an accident...specially if it’s not crash tested....I would always air on the side of caution...you are probably the safest driver on the road , it’s the others that might cause you problems

By a couple of kindle fire tablets. Cheap as chips. I think those TVs seem outdated. Imagine getting on a plane and seeing a telly hanging over the aisle! You want back of the seat. And individual choice of film.

By a couple of kindle fire tablets. Cheap as chips. I think those TVs seem outdated. Imagine getting on a plane and seeing a telly hanging over the aisle! You want back of the seat. And individual choice of film.
+1 for this.
What I did. My kids would never agree on a film to watch so now they have a fire HD each (cheap as chips) and watch/play what they want.....and they wear earphones so I can listen to music ....win win

We are lucky in South Wales, Malcolm (Platinum is a good guy) and Julian (Jopo Customs’s) is great too! We’ve got a Surface Pro, IPad and a tablet holder and just use these as you can use them in the car, tent, caravan and anywhere else you fancy with all other apps.

Back