Most reliable rear numberplate LED lights (barndoor)?

j4ckal

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Just wondering if anyone has tried a few of the different LED rear number plate bulb units for barn doors and if so which would they recommend?

Currently got THQ supplied ones and to be honest they've never really worked from new. Been in and out a number of times, terminals cleaned, bent etc to try and get better contact but always intermittent, only one currently working and fed up of seeing the bulb out warning so given up on them.

Are they all of similar poor quality?

Thought may take advantage of any black friday deals along with some new smoked repeaters.

Cheers.

Just wondering if anyone has tried a few of the different LED rear number plate bulb units for barn doors and if so which would they recommend?

Currently got THQ supplied ones and to be honest they've never really worked from new. Been in and out a number of times, terminals cleaned, bent etc to try and get better contact but always intermittent, only one currently working and fed up of seeing the bulb out warning so given up on them.

Are they all of similar poor quality?

Thought may take advantage of any black friday deals along with some new smoked repeaters.

Cheers.
Have you looked at OEM ones? They were surprisingly cheap(ish) when I had to replace my tailgate ones.

I have had exactly the same problem. Been through 3 sets, flickering, warning light on even though turned off on carista. They have even blackened as if they have had too much voltage. I am considering adding a voltage stabiliser to that circuit. I have transporter hq headlamps and tail lights on my t6.1 which are fine but the halogen number plate lights look rubbish. @Dellmassive @Pauly or @Robert Any suggestions please?

I have never changed mine from factory fit. Can't see why you what to change to led's? As long as the plate can be read by "the old bill" it should be fine. I fully understand front lights for to see better, but rear.....................

Back