T6 tailgate number plate LED’s

Reading this thread with interest.

My 17 plate Tailgate light sometimes work, other times are very dim, to the point where I don't think they illuminate the plate.
At the same time I have noticed the red silicon rubber round the high brake light it coming away. So I suspect water may be the cause of the plate light issues?
Is it easy to remove the plate lights?

Hi
Having read through the thread regarding LED number plate lights i purchased some from travelinlite for my T6.1 tailgate but they didn't seem to look like the original fittings on further investigation on their website they are for the t6.1 barn door (error on my part should have looked closer at the description) .
Can anyone tell me how you remove the actual fitting as there don't appear to be any screws only a small slot which i assume you use a screw driver to prize open just don't want to risk damaging the fitting?

I bought my T6 second hand, it has a tailgate and the first owner had fitted LED's in the registration plate lights, so yes it can be done, sorry I can't give more information.
Type your reg plate into a website like Halfords or Eurocarparts and you can find exactly what the reg plate light bulbs are then find suitable LED substitutes.

Edit:
I think this is something like you want:

Although I'd take a bulb out first and check!
I bought my T6 second hand, it has a tailgate and the first owner had fitted LED's in the registration plate lights, so yes it can be done, sorry I can't give more information.
Type your reg plate into a website like Halfords or Eurocarparts and you can find exactly what the reg plate light bulbs are then find suitable LED substitutes.

Edit:
I think this is something like you want:

Although I'd take a bulb out first and check!
I tried the Halfords ones but bought bulb warning on so put these ones in from Halfords and spot on very bright I’ve had 3 sets of the thq ones don’t seem to last

C81DF35C-16F6-47F8-AACC-36CB618ECEB3.jpeg

Back