Led number plate lights, keep failing

Pedro20001

Auto assembly technician
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all, having trouble with led number plate lights failing. Over the last year I must have had 5 start to flicker then fail. Its a 2021 t6.1 with barn doors. Any advice is very welcome!

Use good quality led bulbs.

Eg Phillips etc.

Cheap ones will fail.

So a bit of an update, my travelinlite ones lasted about 3 months then started flickering then failed. Replacement ones then started giving a random error code even though I have turned off the warning with carista. Has anyone else have these without any issues? Wondering now if my van has a fault causing them to fail prematurely

Are they showing signs of water damage? Poor connection? Or as above, they might just be shight bulbs.

No water damage, they seem to burn out. Time to check the charging voltage I guess . Could ve shite bulbs though!

No water damage, they seem to burn out. Time to check the charging voltage I guess . Could ve shite bulbs though!
I'd be inclined to go with the latter, anyone would think there's a large country in the far east just churning out cheap, throwaway tat for us mugs to keep buying.

You pay through the nose for OEM and it is a disgrace considering what you get for your money!

Back