Mirrors With Dynamic Indicators

Cheers @Deaky but it was the lower carbon covers i was interested in
Ahhh. When I fitted my indicators I removed the carbon covers I had. The fit was a bit pants and I was never happy with them.

Interested how you guys have routed the cable, exactly from the door bellow to the side repeater.

1. Have you continues the wire, back into the interior of the van, running the full length of the door bellow and then how did you route to the side repeater?
or
2. Have you exited out of the side (side facing front of the van) of the door bellow then into the front wing?

Thanks Jay

Robert,

Your post
"There are few ways to get mirror blinkers wired up, but I took the feed directly from the BCM/CEM 09.
PIN 14 black/white on plug B is for left hand side and
PIN 15 black/green on plug B is for right hand side.
Obviously "-" for both can be connected locally on each door main earthing/ground point."

You don't have a photo do you, as don't seem to have anything like 114/15 pins. Hmm.

Thanks again
Jay

Should you choose to remove it, would the Bulli badge be big enough to blank off the side-repeater hole?
My repeaters are 165mm long x 39mm high. I didn't take them out to measure the hole, but would imagine there is plenty of overlap leaving enough wing surface to stick a smaller badge over.

Having just looked at the Bulli badges, in the pictures they appear to be the same height as the repeaters and maybe a little longer, so if they were fitted on the 'wrong' side, they should work. Bloody dear tho'.

For anyone wanting to delete the OEM side-indicator, Bulli badges should fit.

A07E7C20-E8BA-4BBE-81B5-3FCAEC7D30C0.jpeg
85BDAE76-B6B6-4287-B676-2D126E84235F.jpeg

the R-Line triangular, oblong and square badges don’t look like they will. Which is a shame, as they’re a hell of a lot cheaper!

2659DDF0-2405-47B0-86EB-C82A4B32DD8B.jpeg
9BBCC5E6-9C1F-4AA2-956B-2A99681B81FC.jpeg

@Fish @Deaky @StudleyGlass @Alan Walsh
Gents,
Are you taking your feed from the side-repeater or from the BCM?

What route are you taking from mirror to side-repeater? I can see there is a grommet behind the indicator that appears to lead in to the recess behind it (it’s sealed to the body so I haven’t probed any further yet).

Cheers Robert. Like you, I’ll be making the original indicator redundant, so instead of meddling with the BCM, I’m trying to keep it simple and use the redundant wire
It is absolutely good idea and I have never explored it any further once I realised how simply it is to take the feed from the BCM.

When a first did it I poked through the side of the bellows between the wing and connected to the side repeater. I’ve since removed this and connected to the BCM under the dash.

When a first did it I poked through the side of the bellows between the wing and connected to the side repeater. I’ve since removed this and connected to the BCM under the dash.
Ah I get you - cheers mate

or @Pauly - I recall you fitted aftermarket mirrors with indicator repeaters built in.. did you take a feed from the side repeaters?

I did yes but did it 4 years ago so can’t remember exact route but connection is behind side repeater in wing

Yeah I’ve found this grommet - 2D911B76-B307-454A-9350-1EEE9164122F.jpeg

I’ll pull the lower dash apart and see if it comes inside. Feels double-skinned behind that grommet so I’m not sure it’ll be straight forward

Back