Mirrors With Dynamic Indicators

Hi guys , I have also done this mod , well chuffed with the finish. The issue I have is that when I switch the engine on the indicator stops working , I bought some resistors to try and sort this issue but still no joy ? Have you guys got any ideas how to fix this ??

Hi guys, I have also done this mod, well chuffed with the finish.
The issue I have is that when I switch the engine on the indicator stops working,
I bought some resistors to try and sort this issue but still no joy?
Have you guys got any ideas how to fix this??
What connections have you made?

Hi guys , I have also done this mod , well chuffed with the finish. The issue I have is that when I switch the engine on the indicator stops working , I bought some resistors to try and sort this issue but still no joy ? Have you guys got any ideas how to fix this ??
This might be totally not helpful but I fitted LED rear lights and the reversing camera stopping working when the engine was running (aftermarket), turns out the feedback from the LEDs was causing an issue with the relay, could this be a similar issue? Although others haven’t had the same problem. This was resolved in mine by fitting a different relay (with diode).

Some of these LEDs stripes are very sensitive for supply voltage. They will work correctly with 12V DC and won't with 14.5V DC (when engine is running and alternator gives standard charge).

Reactions: mmi
Some from eBay , bought from this country so I thought I would not have an issue ? Wgat can I do to sort it ? I have bought some resistors but they don’t seem to have worked ? See pic of indicators

View attachment 67027
Show us the box (I wouldn’t be surprised if they were all made by the same manufacturer) and any gumph in the description, would you?

And I take it you have tried it with the polarity reversed?

Some from eBay , bought from this country so I thought I would not have an issue ? Wgat can I do to sort it ? I have bought some resistors but they don’t seem to have worked ? See pic of indicators

View attachment 67027
You shouldn't need any resistors assuming that you have switched from OEM side repeaters to those LED stripes.

EDIT:
Basically the wattage is almost the same. So the BCM won't be able to detect load difference and won't indicate malfunction with double flash in the IC.

Box has long gone unfortunately I have tried swapping the wires ? Not great with electrics so struggling to sort it ?

You shouldn't need any resistors assuming that you have switched from OEM side repeaters to those LED stripes.

EDIT:
Basically the wattage is almost the same. So the BCM won't be able to detect load difference and won't indicate malfunction with double flash in the IC.
I have gone from normal bulb indicators to led sequential indicators , but they don’t work when engine running

I have gone from normal bulb indicators to led sequential indicators , but they don’t work when engine running
Assuming you’re talking about the side-repeaters alone, that’s exactly what I’ve done.

Are they the same as these (see box)?

Assuming you’re talking about the side-repeaters alone, that’s exactly what I’ve done.

Are they the same as these (see box)?

See I don’t think they are , they look the same out of the box but did you guys get them from abroad ?

See I don’t think they are , they look the same out of the box but did you guys get them from abroad ?
Yeah I just chose the cheapest one I could find, which were being sold out of China #Brexit

Have you got a multimeter?

Let us know what the voltages are when the engine is running and isn’t running.

Are all other indicators working ok?

Do the dynamic indicators still work when the engine is off (or are they not working at all now - something worth checking)?

Back