Retrofit: Power fold mirror with fold on remote lock

Would I be right in thinking that if you use the switch to fold and then turned off the ignition and locked it would those extra relays still be constantly energised? (small battery drain). Appreciate the fact it folds on remote you wouldn't really need to do this, but assume some may.
I think I'm struggling with what the Blue and Yellow wires do, but great work!
Doh! forget that I now see pin 86 is ignition so its me being thick.

Yes Robert, I can fold them but only till a door is opened, then i have to put the key back into the ignition! Boo Hoo
If you post the picture of your drivers door module socket pinout and it's plug I could possibly explore it further.

Reactions: mmi
Door module plug.PNG Door module.PNG Ok here is my door module and plug if this means anything? On the plug I have the large + & - wires and then a Green/Black, White /Green, Green/Blue and White/Red. Many thanks

I found I had folding mirrors on the key fob by accident today, pressed the lock button once and then realised I had left the window partially open so held down the lock button, windows went up and the mirrors folded!

As soon as you put turn the ignition key the mirrors move back into normal driving position.

Happy days!!

Yeah I've not got folding mirrors just yet. I'm trying to work out what modules I do have before making a start on fitting some.

Yeah I've not got folding mirrors just yet. I'm trying to work out what modules I do have before making a start on fitting some.
Your door modules don't support mirror power folding, sorry.

No problem, thought that may be the case. I will go with the aftermarket module. Do you know what is actually the difference between the T5.1 and the T6 folding mirrors as there is quite a price difference? If its wiring and I'm now having to go the aftermarket route of wiring it all in can I use the 5.1 mirrors? Or maybe its the standard mirror operation is wired differently? In which case I would have to buy the T6 ones. Many thanks!

Wow, I think at that price I will get the mirrors working first. I do like the idea of puddle lights in the underside of the mirror. I've ordered the control box so once that arrives I'm up for buying the mirrors. :thumbsup:

I have been PMed few times so I decided to post it here.

There are few ways to get mirror blinkers wired up, but I took the feed directly from the BCM/CEM 09.
PIN 14 black/white on plug B is for left hand side and
PIN 15 black/green on plug B is for right hand side.
Obviously "-" for both can be connected locally on each door main earthing/ground point.

Hi people. Do any of you know people able to fit these in the southwest? I was quoted today £979. I was a little shocked at that.
Ps I don’t mind travelling and paying one of you guys to fit. Plus it’s a new face and a new name to know.
Any help would be blimming fabulous.

I may be able to help (Plymouth) what gear have you bought ?

And again, I have been PMed few times regarding mirror puddle lights so I am posting this here.
I have connected both mirror puddle lights directly to the main ceiling light(both + & -).
These are the LEDs available on eBay directly from UK.
FOR VOLKSWAGEN SCIROCCO 2009-14 18 BLUE LED UNDER MIRROR PUDDLE LIGHT LAMP PAIR | eBay
Once I cut the opening(by drilling 3 holes, then jigsaw and then sharp knife) I have used clear silicone to glue the light in place. It sits flush so looks almost like factory fit.;)
20181006_122631.jpg

20181006_122651.jpg

Last edited:
I have a broken mirror assembly, just need to find a repeater that sort of fits, to give it a go.

To get power fold mirrors with fold on remote lock on T6 there are generally speaking two ways.

OPTION 1 (OEM)
Parts required:
- 2 off power folding mirrors (7E2857508DG & 7E2857507DB)
- 2 off door control modules (7E0959801L & 7E0959802L)
- 5 off pre crimped wire 000979009E
- 1 off 7E1959565K mirror switch with folding
Wiring:
Driver door(2 wires from folding motor to door control unit pins 14 & 15 and 1 wire from folding switch pin 8 to door control unit pin 12)
Passenger door(2 wires from folding motor to door control unit pins 14 & 15)
VCDS Coding:
How to Program folding mirrors - Pictogram
Cost:
Approximately £600
Functionality:
Mirrors fold when folding switch is in fold position and ignition is ON.
After VCDS coding mirrors fold on remote lock but long press is required.
Unfold when ignition in switched ON.

OPTION 2 (aftermarket)
Parts required:
- 2 off power folding mirrors (7E2857508DG & 7E2857507DB)
or
- 2 off power folding motors only
- 1 off mirror folding control module(made in China, £5 on Ebay)
- 1 off pre crimped wire 000979009E to get signal form door mirror folding switch
- 1 off 7E1959565K mirror switch with folding
Wiring:
View attachment 30308

VCDS Coding:

None.
Cost:
Approximately £250 - £300
Functionality:
Mirrors fold when folding switch is in fold position and ignition is ON.
Mirrors fold on remote lock.
Mirrors unfold when unlocked or when ignition is switched ON(can be chosen by connecting or not unlocking signal).

Obviously I picked option 2 and used folding motors kit with LED blinkers.
Best functionality and best value for money.;)
Powerfold Mirrors - Revised Drawing

Back