Mirrors With Dynamic Indicators

Let us know what the voltages are when the engine is running and isn’t running.

Are all other indicators working ok?

Do the dynamic indicators still work when the engine is off (or are they not working at all now - something worth checking)?
All other indicators work fine when engine is running only the mirrors that don’t , when engine is off all work as they should .... do frustrating

All other indicators work fine when engine is running only the mirrors that don’t , when engine is off all work as they should .... do frustrating
Have you got VCDS?
Can you give me your long coding for your 09 BCM?

Reactions: mmi
Hi Rob , sorry not got back to you earlier, I don’t have VCDS , so you think it’s just a setting that requires changing ? Do I still need the resistors fitted ? The setting that needs changing , what does it actually do ? Just so I can understand ?
Cheers Steve

Hi Rob , sorry not got back to you earlier, I don’t have VCDS , so you think it’s just a setting that requires changing ? Do I still need the resistors fitted ? The setting that needs changing , what does it actually do ? Just so I can understand ?
Cheers Steve
Based on the info you have provided already you don't need resistors as I suspect that your new LEDs have almost the same wattage as your OEM bulb(5W).
You also need to deactivate indicator PWM, details below.

And if you don't have VCDS you should look at forum member map and find someone local who will be happy to help you ;).

Last edited:
Based on the info you have provided already you don't need resistors as I suspect that your new LEDs have almost the same wattage as your OEM bulb(5W). You also need to deactivate indicator PWM, details below.

And if you don't have VCDS you should look at forum member map and find someone local who will be happy to help you ;).
Rob , thank you mate , it’s sounds like that’s my problem , I’m in Weston super mare so il have a look to see who is closest thanks again buddy

Rob , thank you mate , it’s sounds like that’s my problem , I’m in Weston super mare so il have a look to see who is closest thanks again buddy
Just an update that I now have working indicators , the thread you sent me to deactivate the PWM worked , popped down the see Nathan at Vagon Works in Highbridge and 10 min later all working , cheers guys

Just an update that I now have working indicators , the thread you sent me to deactivate the PWM worked , popped down the see Nathan at Vagon Works in Highbridge and 10 min later all working , cheers guys
I am glad I was able to help :).

This forum is bad for my bank balance. I’ve just ordered the bits for this mod. Couldn’t resist a bit of electrical fettling.
OK guys, the bits have arrived. I bought a set of lower covers and the LEDs. Any hints and tips before i start will be very welcome. I’m comfortable playing with the electrical side of things but bodywork isn’t my strongpoint. How did you guys mark up where to cut the lower casing?

OK guys, the bits have arrived. I bought a set of lower covers and the LEDs. Any hints and tips before i start will be very welcome. I’m comfortable playing with the electrical side of things but bodywork isn’t my strongpoint. How did you guys mark up where to cut the lower casing?
I placed some masking tape over the LEDs and shaded them with a pencil, in order to draw out the edges. I then peeled that off and stuck it on to the lowers, and used that as a template to cut.
From the outside it looks like you don’t need to cut the upper, but you’ll notice that you need to cut the inner lip (that returns at a right-angle).

So I made a start on this today. I’ve cut the first of the lower covers to shape and reasonably pleased with it. IT isn’t perfect but it’s not bad either.
I have a few questions for those of you who have done this already please:
1. What glue did you use to fix the indicator module into the lower casing please?
2. Do I need to cut the lugs off the indicator module or will it fit in the upper casing with those intact?
3. Can someone point me to a post or video or something that shows me how to get the mirror and the covers etc. off. I have searched and searched but cannot find one.

progress so far:
9CC3A476-6611-4100-A3C4-C707585F7135.jpeg

Back