Wow, nice work @mmi !

So when I'm back at the dealer next month I'll basically be telling the technician what to do - "Mate, just set Module 9 Byte 12 to 01101100 will you" - I'm sure he'll love that :D

It's interesting that this data can be pulled with nothing more than a £2.50 ODB2 dongle, more interesting still that Carista can then modify the codes.
Presumably it would be technically possible to have an App that could allow codes to be modified manually, though it would be pretty dangerous too of course.
Excellent. I hope the technician has some sense of humor. Anyways, some time ago I was at the garage and a technician showed that nowadays their factory tool has been “improved” so that the bytes and bits are not visible any more. Just “plain” text like “DRLs on/off”. Which is a kind of good thing but now relies on that whoever built that user interface knew what he was doing.

Before taking your van to be reprogrammed could you please check if the license plate lights are also turned on when igtnition on and light switch at “0” or “Auto”? Tailgate or barn doors?

Reason for asking is that just came into my mind that my old T5 (MY2006) was configured (from factory) to use dipped beams as DRL’s (thus turned on when ignition was on). Also at that time with DRL’s the sidelights were (had to be) on (front and rear). But interestingly the license plate light was off. Started to wonder if/how I could set up the same again.

Before taking your van to be reprogrammed could you please check if the license plate lights are also turned on when igtnition on and light switch at “0” or “Auto”? Tailgate or barn doors?

Sure thing, my Van's in at Absolut5 at the moment for lining so I can't check right now, but will do at the weekend.

It's looking good... the option is in the beta version for you to test.....

Screenshot_20181017-113002_Carista.jpg

Hi @walnuts, I was referred by @mmi, so hopefully my information is useful to you - I spoke to Yanko, our tech lead, and he said the customization you may be looking for is available in beta - Ivan (support@caristaapp.com) can "light the way."

Hello @Don Carista
Another mod us campers like the is the ability to have the DRLs turn off when the handbrake is on - is this something you can add?

Just checked this. Tailgate Model. License plate lights are on when ignition on and light switch at any position. Probably not the answer you were hoping for?

Reactions: mmi
Just checked this. Tailgate Model. License plate lights are on when ignition on and light switch at any position. Probably not the answer you were hoping for?
Thanks for checking. True, not the answer I was hoping for. But anyways the answer helps to narrow down what to try next :sneaky:.

Hi @walnuts, I was referred by @mmi, so hopefully my information is useful to you - I spoke to Yanko, our tech lead, and he said the customization you may be looking for is available in beta - Ivan (support@caristaapp.com) can "light the way."

I think it did the trick! Sidelights are no longer lit when switch is set to "Off" or "Auto". :D

The only thing that now seems odd (but not necessarily wrong) is that the sidelights are on whenever the Dips are on. Can anyone confirm is this is the same on theirs for me?

@Don Carista Are you able to explain the difference between these two settings?

1d73e467-8304-405f-b194-5b3bd25091c8.jpeg

Back