Front parking lights with blinking turn signals not working

gergely

VIP Member
Hi, yesterday night I had to pull over to the roadside and being quite dark I wanted to show my car being there as much as I could using both parking lights and warning signals (4 blinking turn signals) on. To my surprise, front parking lights have switched off when warning lights were on while rears continued to stay on.
The car is a T6.1 with the dodgiest halogen headlight and no auto position on the switch just the regular off-parking-on settings. The switch was on the middle for the parking lights but I also tried with the turn signal switch to the left or right which resulted in only one rear but also no front parking lights to be on (so rears as expected and fronts similarly no). NB, turning OFF warning signals the fronts turned on instantly so bulbs, switch, etc are all okay. NB2 my DRLs (which are the same H15 bulbs than those for parking and high beam) turn off when parking brake is engaged (which I believe is a customization) so I tried to put it in gear and release hand brake just to see but no change, only warning signals affect front parking lights, nothing else I tried.

Any idea folks whether this can be changed so that parking lights work whenever I turn them on?

Last edited:
DRL and park lights on the headlights are configured to go off when the hazards or indicators are on for better clarity in the daytime eg. Left indicator on left DRL will go out until indicator cancelled same for the right and hazards

DRL and park lights on the headlights are configured to go off when the hazards or indicators are on for better clarity in the daytime eg. Left indicator on left DRL will go out until indicator cancelled same for the right and hazards
Yeah makes sense with LED DRLs but not with the halogen ones as they’re barely visible even in dark let alone daytime! :)
+ I’m talking about parking lights no DRLs.

Is there a coding to change this you’re aware of?

Hazard lights flashing with no other lights provide more of a on-off contrast, therefore are more apparent than if they are used in conjunction with other lights. It's supposed to be like like for that very reason, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Hazard lights flashing with no other lights provide more of a on-off contrast, therefore are more apparent than if they are used in conjunction with other lights. It's supposed to be like like for that very reason, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Yeah on one part I agree but then why the difference of the car leaving rear parking lights on while turning the fronts off? Just not logical and as such, bugs me…

I think because the regulations are around the possible confusion of white/yellow being quite similar and, if close together, the white steady light masking the yellow flashing light.

Red and Yellow however are much more distinct.

There are similar regulations around separation between brake and foglights though, as some have found around here that some LED arrays use "smaller" brake areas when fogs are on to maintain that separation.

Back