Leoch 130 Agm Under Seat Layout

StuGoodfellow

I'm just about to install a leoch 130 agm under the drivers seat of my T6. There is all the usual split charger, 12v charger and 240 distribution to squeeze in too. I've been playing about with ideas before fitting and its looking extremely tight! Has anyone done this and can offer pointers on the best layout?

TIA.

hmm. . . .

the 110ah fits upright or on its side:

AGM low height battery. Suitable for use with smart alternator systems.

354mm long x 175mm wide x 190mm high. 24 kg.

the 130 is listed as:

Fit and forget deep cycle AGM battery.

330mm long x 175mm wide x 225mm high .

so id say it would have to lie on its side?

@travelvolts - any ideas?

I ended up having the battery on its side under the driver's side and then the smart charger under the passenger seat, otherwise it was all going to be far too tight for my liking and it means everything is easy to access .

Yes its definitely on its side. Its fitting in the rest equipment with it!

It is tight. I've got the same battery as you and have only managed to get the battery and CTEK 250 in under the seat. Hook up charger and consumer unit are elsewhere. The MVM battery tray doesn't fit (trust me £25 wasted) and you'll struggle to use a metal battery clamp due to the battery size. I've used a strap looped through two eyelets bolted to the seat frame and the battery doesn't move at all.

It is tight. I've got the same battery as you and have only managed to get the battery and CTEK 250 in under the seat. Hook up charger and consumer unit are elsewhere. The MVM battery tray doesn't fit (trust me £25 wasted) and you'll struggle to use a metal battery clamp due to the battery size. I've used a strap looped through two eyelets bolted to the seat frame and the battery doesn't move at all.
Got any pics of your setup @Tim Sparkes ?

Early stages of converting to a camper, would this battery ok, seems like a decent AH for the size L353xW175xH190 12V 130AH 130 AH Leisure Battery DEEP CYCLE
s-l1600.jpg
I'll be putting it under the drivers seat connecting an MVM split charge kit

The battery will be ok but if you have a T6 then the split charge kit will not

Thanks a lot, you saved me wasting £50+:) But looks like it's going to cost mean extra £200!!

Narrowed it down to Ctek Dual 250 or Victron orion 12-12-30, both get good reviews and seem relatively simple to install and not too pricey

On a learning curve here, seem to get a bit lost in lots of threads and there is some discrepancies whether an ignition sense wire is needed, although sounds like it's best to install one, can this be picked up from the fuse box on a 2018 T6? Would the cable for this be included in a wiring kit such as below (trying to keep it simple as possible)

https://www.travelvolts.net/product-page/wiring-kit-for-ripca-elogic-el1225

Back