Led Fog Light Upgrade (dual Colour) - How I Did It -

yeh, its kind of a feature and a pain . .

You're in control
Changing between modes is easy, every time you want to change the mode, turn your fog lights off and then on again, leaving the unit in the off position for 5 seconds will reset it.

So if "when manoeuvring" you are back and forwards within the 5seconds the lamps do change colour . . . . its kinda funny. . .

but I've got used to it now and doesnt bother me.

1612460596862.png

Reactions: Jlo
yeh, its kind of a feature and a pain . .

You're in control
Changing between modes is easy, every time you want to change the mode, turn your fog lights off and then on again, leaving the unit in the off position for 5 seconds will reset it.

So if "when manoeuvring" you are back and forwards within the 5seconds the lamps do change colour . . . . its kinda funny. . .

but I've got used to it now and doesnt bother me.

View attachment 101855

Yeah I did the switching on & off thing, but it turns the yellow one white & vice-versa You have to put the steering over so only one light is on, & do the reset. So they both end up the same colour.

I bought my van with aftermarket led bulbs. However one bulb is blown so I need to purchase a new set.

@Dellmassive would you still recommend the autobeam switchback bulbs?

I bought my van with aftermarket led bulbs. However one bulb is blown so I need to purchase a new set.

@Dellmassive would you still recommend the autobeam switchback bulbs?
I have the switchbacks & wouldn’t recommend them tbh. Quite often I end up with one white & one amber, especially if I’ve been doing some tricky manoeuvring. I’d happily swap them for a single colour bulb.

Mine are still working fine.

So would recommend the lights.

But agree with above that some times you can end up with mismatched colours, as to change colours you turn them on and off.... ie turning corner then turning on fogs, etc.

But it's temporary and easy reset by switching fogs off for a minute...... so doesn't really bother me.

So if doing again, (which I might as I have a kombi camper as well now) if there was a cheaper option of single colour I might go for that .

I think I've only seen snow and fog twice in London since fitting them anyway.

Looks like single colours are available.

Look like the price has jumped up as well.

Screenshot_20230829_220217_Chrome.jpg

Back