Led Fog Light Upgrade (dual Colour) - How I Did It -

Testing yesterday has revealed the DAB issue is present. Anyone know why this happens?

it's Emi due to voltage change for led, you might be able to sort with a ferrites clamp over cables, happens in houses as well

basically your cable acts as an Ariel for the RF produced by the driver unit, a clamp on ferrite stops the cable doing this, converting the energy to a small amount of heat

I have just fitted some white/yellow fogs. One thing I didn't see mentioned was there are 3 colour settings, white, yellow and white & yellow. The white and yellow combined setting is actually more white than they appear in the picture.

White:
IMG_20190121_153552.jpg

Yellow:
IMG_20190121_153623.jpg

White/Yellow
IMG_20190121_153645.jpg

And for comparison, white with original candle:
IMG_20190121_144906.jpg

Is nobody else getting the canbus error then except me?

Oh and I do have a soft spot for an Orange bus. :cool:

I wanted to get my Mustang in Burnt Orange, but she wouldn't let me. :mad:

Yes mine have three settings. I’m glad someone else has the same as I thought they weren’t right!

So who else has the DAB drop-off then? Anyone tried the ferrites?

Just sending my pair back as they arrived with one of the pins only half way out so didn't make contact. Manufacturing error as I tried to tease it out but appears to be sealed/potted in place

Why does the off side headlight seem to be missing 2 lines in this pic?

LED headlights, so the camera picks up the flicker. Hence the lights appear out

Good spot I was to engrossed in drooling over the orange, I’d of been all over that if they’d spec it for the velle :(

Yes it is orange but its not orange its yellow, its Chrome yellow which looks virtually identical to Porsche Signal yellow :thumbsup:

My Dab has always given me issues. Dropping out in good areas even though my work van (traffic) never does . It’s no worse with these fogbulbs . I was playing with them on Sunday . Turning on / off while driving to see any affect .
They didn’t seem to affect reception when playing with them .

I have also had a roof Ariel fitted !
I have tried various solutions. I have lower grill Drl’s . They are next to go I’m my pursuit of constant dab .
I might try some of those ferrites first though.

Back