Bulb error even after monitoring turned off

Barley53

T6 Pro
Hi all, I'm still having a couple of minor issues with my new headlights. I've been running with v2 travelin-lite units for nearly 2 years, no real issues I just wanted something better, so I've had my oem t6 units modified as per pic; bi-leds, switchback drl strip at the top, led indicator bulb. Fabulous output, really can't fault it, I'm especially loving the indicator output. But I get a bulb out warning when I use the indicators; no hyperblink, in all light settings. I've got all lamp diagnostics off as far as I know, anyone got any ideas? Wondering if a resistor is missing, or whether I should try a hard reset.

Thanks in advance.

20220328_225145.jpg

I'm not 100% sure as I've never tried it but I'm fairly sure like on other VAG models the lamp diagnostics has a hot and cold diagnostics. I know on PQ35 chassis vehicles such as the Caddy if you put LED bulbs in like for the DRL the only way to remove the error sometimes is to use VCP and turn off both diagnostics. VCDS only allows cold diagnostics to be turned off.

I could be wrong but it's a possibility. Have you contacted whoever did the lights for you?

@Dav-Tec, thanks. Yeah, the guy is looking into it but is working on the theory that module 9 needs to be reset to its original settings. So far this hasn't worked, so the few odbeleven tweaks I've done have got me to the stage where I'm happy with the front and rear output, I just have this one issue.

I'm guessing that VCP is a vag-com style of thing?

Yeah VCP is a more advanced version of VCDS but not as advanced as ODIS (VW main diagnostics machine)

Who did your lights please and do you have any other pics, thanks

Work done by EMTUNING. A bit of duff video attached, not the best quality I'm afraid, the indicators look a bit yellow but they are in fact a vibrant orange...

Back