ehuplad

T6 Pro
Hi All,

Just picked up my Van yesterday and I am completely confused with my Aircon.
I ordered the 'Climatic Cab and Passenger Compartment A/C (Semi-A (KH3)'
There are vents for the 2nd row Kombi seats but I can't get them to work.
I read something on the forum a while ago but can't find it.
VW Dealer couldn't figure it out and are contacting brand support.

Can anybody help?

Controls
Aircon Controls.jpg

Vents

Aircon Vents.jpg

It's my understanding that the lower panel by your gearshift controls the rear heating.
Anything in your manual?

Top controls/dials are for the front area and lower controls are for rear area
The vents in the rear are dependant on if you are asking for heating or cooling, one will use roof vents and other will use the lower vents in the plastic housing by offside wheel arch area

@StudleyGlass

Can confirm @Pauly comments.

But does 'Climatic Cab and Passenger Compartment A/C (Semi-A (KH3)' not mean I should also get Chilled air to the 2nd row of seats ?
The bottom controls only seem to send external air to the top vents not chilled air.
@YellowHound - Cant find any mention in the manual for the 2nd row aircon.

Below is the option I paid for.

Aircon Order.jpeg

@Novice - If that is correct why is there 3 types of air con, from above I read the following:

1) Aircon only in the front (standard on a Kombi)
2) Aircon only in front & heating in rear (£505+vat for Kombi)
3) Aircon front & back & manual heating in back (£790+ vat for Kombi)

Am reading this wrong / going crazy?

Now I read it again it you do sound right. I'd guess maybe climate with air con for the whole van. Heating is controlled separately for the rear which is a funny way to do it. Most vehicles I've seen with 3rd row climate just have a separate temp for row 3 whether that's aircon or heat.
I wonder how it's controlled

I have this in my kombi ( as red circled ) the rear is controlled from the twin dials as said, set to cold and fan on = cold air from the roof vents. Set to hot = hot air from the rear floor vent.

@StudleyGlass Thanks
But I assume the cold air in the back (controlled by lower two dials), is just external air not AC chilled, correct?
If this is correct why does the red circled option mention "Cab and Passenger / Load Air conditioning semi automatic"

@StudleyGlass Thanks
But I assume the cold air in the back (controlled by lower two dials), is just external air not AC chilled, correct?
If this is correct why does the red circled option mention "Cab and Passenger / Load Air conditioning semi automatic"

I would suggest that you have the option above.. Wrong fit from VW.. Ask dealer for copy of vehicle build data sheet, as this is what should have been fitted on the factory floor.. Then go from there.. I bet it's different to your order...

@T6 Dave - That's what I have thought for a while.
Will ask for the build sheet.
Could also do with someone who has the 3rd option (with red circle) confirm how they get chilled air to the 2nd row of seats.
Or a photo if the controls look different.

Really not happy that the order confirmation I checked multiple times and signed was not a direct printout of the order placed with the factory.
It doesn't take rocket science to figure out that mistakes will happen this way.
They also missed of my heated seats, which they are now going to retro-fit.
Argggh - Spent an absolute fortune to get exactly what I wanted and I didn't get it.

@T6 Dave - That's what I have thought for a while.
Will ask for the build sheet.
Could also do with someone who has the 3rd option (with red circle) confirm how they get chilled air to the 2nd row of seats.
Or a photo if the controls look different.

Really not happy that the order confirmation I checked multiple times and signed was not a direct printout of the order placed with the factory.
It doesn't take rocket science to figure out that mistakes will happen this way.
They also missed of my heated seats, which they are now going to retro-fit.
Argggh - Spent an absolute fortune to get exactly what I wanted and I didn't get it.

I think, as your a VIP member, @Pauly can access the build data for you..

I understand what you are saying @ehuplad . The air does feel cold but maybe not air con cold as you say :unsure:. I did wonder how it could be as there are no pipes (from what i can see) to the front for the air co. so maybe its just fanned air circulated it the back 2 rows of roof vents whem set to cold....but if this was the case surly the air would feel warm this weather :unsure::confused:

Ok, after paying for a longer period, panic over.
The lower controls do if set all the way to cold blow, chilled air in the back.

The rear air all comes from the back housing / heater / chiller so if you have the front running cold and turn on the rear its not chilled immediately.
The rear unit need to come up to speed 1st.

Sorry to have everyone scratching their heads.
Phew only the missing heated seats to resolve.

IMG_7952.jpg

Ok, after paying for a longer period, panic over.
The lower controls do if set all the way to cold blow, chilled air in the back.

The rear air all comes from the back housing / heater / chiller so if you have the front running cold and turn on the rear its not chilled immediately.
The rear unit need to come up to speed 1st.

Sorry to have everyone scratching their heads.
Phew only the missing heated seats to resolve.

View attachment 8671
Missing heated seats? Surely not another miss-build by VWCV? Yet another demonstration that German efficiency is a pile of *^+%!

Regards the heated seats, to do the factory way means replacing you AC control unit which sits behind the front heater dials the OE seats should have the buttons in the middle of your upper heater dials, it wouldnt surprise me if they tried to fit aftermarket jobs with on/off switches fitted locally in the seat bases as replacing the AC unit is expensive, just an FYI

Regards the heated seats, to do the factory way means replacing you AC control unit which sits behind the front heater dials the OE seats should have the buttons in the middle of your upper heater dials, it wouldnt surprise me if they tried to fit aftermarket jobs with on/off switches fitted locally in the seat bases as replacing the AC unit is expensive, just an FYI
Based upon this post by Pauly, I'd personally be demanding that VW do it properly and fit to OE standards, after all that is what you have paid for. They will try and fob you off and do some form of after market fix. Make them do it properly, accept nothing less. It'll not cost the dealer because they'll bill the factory for it.

Back