@DaveyB and @Pauly the heated seats was a dealer error not VW corporate.
When they changed my order from a T30 to a T32, I assume they wiped the order clean and re-entered it.
The order for the T32 which I saw yesterday was missing the heated seats.
As posted earlier, I was not shown the factory order form until yesterday when I spotted they were missing.
Will not be happy with local switches and told them that yesterday, no I have the zircon sorted will send an email with what I require so there is no misunderstanding.

@DaveyB and @Pauly the heated seats was a dealer error not VW corporate.
When they changed my order from a T30 to a T32, I assume they wiped the order clean and re-entered it.
The order for the T32 which I saw yesterday was missing the heated seats.
As posted earlier, I was not shown the factory order form until yesterday when I spotted they were missing.
Will not be happy with local switches and told them that yesterday, no I have the zircon sorted will send an email with what I require so there is no misunderstanding.
In that case, same advice still stands, but the dealer will feel the pinch. Serves them right, should do their paperwork properly.
However it does make a change since a number of similar and other errors are being made by the factory.

That AC controller is in the region of £400-500 plus the cost of the seat elements plus the cost of wiring it in etc etc
Just want to point it out so you know the value of what you are going against

@Pauly As expected the dealer is not playing ball with the seat heating controls.
Do you have the part number for the controls? I have a twin passenger seat, not sure if in this case I would normally have 3 or two power buttons.
I plan to reply to dealer with the part number and call their bluff.

Thanks

PM me your details
Model/engine/reg etc and will see what I can do tomorrow

Hi All,

Still waiting for resolution to the seat heater issue, the dealer is waiting for info from the factory on what needs recoding if the correct dash control panel is fitted.
Thanks for the panel part number @Pauly (see @mmi post above for picture).
Anybody understand what needs coding ?

Cheers

I thought that rear aircon apeared on the cab aircon panel with an extra button, REAR.
upload_2017-7-13_16-47-37.png
Dosent seem to make sense after reading all of this thread but to start with i was thinking maybe the wrong panel has been installed and that would explain the heated seats too.
i.e. you do have heated seats it is just the buttons are'nt there to turn them on :confused:

Hey KZ,
My 1st Post, got a T6 Kombi today with the full fat heater/AC options per ehuplad's pic.
Your controls image above has me worried puzzled. Is that in your Kombi? What rear heating/vents do you have?

Hey KZ,
My 1st Post, got a T6 Kombi today with the full fat heater/AC options per ehuplad's pic.
Your controls image above has me worried puzzled. Is that in your Kombi? What rear heating/vents do you have?

Hello Mark,
I have spent hours looking at this sort of thing. So little info out there that tells you. No one seems to know, including the dealers. How can VW get it so wrong? We spend mutliple £1,000's on extras and multiple £10,000's on the van itself and we just have to guess at what we're buying!
But then again i have bought 3 of these now so how can VW get it so right?
Enough of the tirade. To your question.

I found that picture on page 21 of the Transporter Brochure: https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/c...ns/original./MY18_transporter_t6_brochure.pdf
However i now think that it cant be a 'Panel Van' or a 'Kombi' but is perhaps the controls for a 'Shuttle'? Just a guess.

I would aggree with the consensus on this thread that passenger compartment heat/aircon is controlled by the two dials next to the cigarette lighter. The same two dials you get with just the heater! I would much rather it of been the other picture so that i could have 'Comfort Dash' and the rear heater but you cant have everything.
Anyways to see if the gubbins are actually there as you say check in the back as per Ehuplad's picture.
I've marked this one up:
Passenger compartment Heater and Aircon.jpg
As I believe it the highlighted bits are thus:
Green only = Manually controlled passenger/load compartment heating system.
Green + Blue = Climatic cab and passenger/load compartment air conditioning (semi-automatic) with manually controlled passenger/load compartment heating system.
White = Air in
Red = Heat out
Blue = Aircon out

Hope everyone aggrees. Would love to hear otherwise.

Ah!
So, the cowling in the back contains a heater and an AC unit, so a separate AC unit to the one feeding the dash vents?
And following that logic, amient air goes in the white vent, is chilled, sent up the blue tube and out of the circular, louvred roof vents?
If so, at least that explains where the money went!

Thanks KZ.

Oh, and you're right, the dealer swore blind that there are no roof vents on any Kombi and had no idea about the heating system either, so I ordered blind on the basis I'd be really p1553d off if I saw a van later with those bits I'd agonised over, but chickened out on! Couldn't see how all that dosh couldn't include some vents somewhere!

Feeling better about the whole thing now I understand more!

Next job is to work out how the cowling comes off so I can get on with the sound deadening job!

What could possibly go wrong...?

The hot water is feed from the front of the van to a small radiator in the heater/fan unit from what i can see on mine,.This is then blown out the bottom vent as shown on the picture above , but when you turn the dial to cold air it shuts a flap to the bottom air outlet and directs air up the duct to the roof vents and cool air come out of them. I can not see how or if the air is chilled before it is blown out the roof vents, it must be just recycled air from the interior. Or as it is bolted to the floor , maybe it draws air from outside as there is another arm on the bottom, maybe that opens and shuts the flat to the outside. Need to look underneath the van :unsure:

These are the hot water pipes coming out the wheel arch over to the fans
20180222_134931.jpg
20180222_134906.jpg 20180222_134856.jpg

Cool, thanks for the pics.

How did you remove the cowling, pry tool? Just pull it or?

When I had this same system on my kombi ,I am sure if you put air.con on in the front ,then put the rear.on cold it came.out as chilled air from the roof vents .

Cool, thanks for the pics.

How did you remove the cowling, pry tool? Just pull it or?

Yes it pulls of as is is held on with the same clips as the door cards + to push clips in the middle of the wheel arch (i suggest your get some because they usual break) they is just the seat belt bolt to remove as well but i am sure you have seen that bit :thumbsup:

Back