Juddering in upper gears

We are a revo dealer and would happily reset your map and load REVO on there. If you have your receipt form the previous map, you’ll get 25% discount as well.
REVO maps are renowned for being very smooth.
Obviously we or any reputable garage would want to experience the issue first to make sure it isn’t something else before changing maps.

Thanks. I suspect my receipt may well be archived with all my business invoices. Sounds like I need to get the boxes out of their storage and start searching! Thanks for the advice and subsequent contact. I'm Leicestershire based, but more than happy to make a trip down.

Hey Rob C, with your judder is there any noise? Like a very discreet rumble you would hear with a bearing?

I had issues with mine - no real judder as such but did have this noise under very light load in 6th - i could make it louder by a gentle squeeze on the throttle and coming off the power again, dropping it manually into 5th would make it go away. eventually it got louder and then also affected 5th (Again, the slightest of judder). On occassion I would get a big judder - like it was confused with which gear to be in.

I took it to VW just before the warranty ran out and got a new box - they never explained what they found only that they would send it to Germany to be looked at.

Just thought I'd share so you may want to listen out

Hi Diesel James. Thanks for that. It's always difficult to describe these sort of noises and symptoms. It does sound similar - which worries me somewhat as my vehicle is out of warranty! I'm taking it to a garage to see what they say. Fingers crossed!

Hi, new here, recently bought a t6, 2016 74k miles. I have noticed that when accelerating in 5th from low revs I get almost like a judder. For instance coming out of a 50mph average zone then accelerating. Hasn’t don’t it in any other gear. I have read a few similar things on here and a lot of people saying wheels/tyres balancing etc to the mapping.

It had 2 new tyres on the front left and rear left when I collected it and apparently it has been re-mapped.

I would think if it had anything to do with balancing etc that I would feel it in other gears also? I also spoke to a local tyre garage who said it doesn’t sound like it would be a balancing/alignment issue.

it’s got me worried to hell!
Any help is much appreciated

Actually I have noticed it in 4th once, but only going down hill/slip road joining a dual carriageway so again was accelerating

My 5.1 140 with a good map on did it for 60k , never changed . Just drove around it. Was worse towing / heavy load .

Map.

I had mine re-mapped by Pendle. It did this. I drove around the problem but had it re-mapped by Pendle to eliminate it by turning down the ultimate torque a little.

Needing new tyres on only one side may or may not be cause for suspicion but it is in my eyes. Usually it is a pair of front or rear at the same time.

Just about to update my post with same problem. I was looking at the mapping side of things,Had a bit of a look around today and after removing a few bits found It was down to the right side hydro mount slowly failing. Replaced it and all sorted. Cheap fix considering peeps suggested it maybe Dual mass/clutch related.

Just about to update my post with same problem. I was looking at the mapping side of things,Had a bit of a look around today and after removing a few bits found It was down to the right side hydro mount slowly failing. Replaced it and all sorted. Cheap fix considering peeps suggested it maybe Dual mass/clutch related.
Glad it was an easy fix mate!

It’s the engine mount on the right side. The problem went but now has come back. It’s going back into the garage Thursday to see if they can sus out what’s going on.

Mine seems to me that I’m putting to much power down when I back it of it goes happed a few times on the drive down and home all coming out of 50 zero on motorway

Mines the same. I have seen a number of posts recently of other people having the same problems. Hopefully i will get some professional answers Thursday (that aren’t expensive lol)

Have you had your air con on whilst it’s happening?
I had the same issue in a few gears, turned out to be the air con compressor clutch especially with the a/c turned up high

Back