Gearbox or Engine mounting issue maybe?

Steve1978

T6 Guru
Ok so this is hard to explain but i will do my best. I have an early T6 with 5 speed box. its the 102PS thats been remapped to about 170 PS. This was completed around 40k miles ago. it has been all fine.

Recently I have noticed that lets say I am doing 30 in 4th gear and i put my foot flat to the ground I get some juddering. its as if the engine is trying to shift the van faster than the gearbox can do at that speed. I have discussed with a friend and he has mentioned that it could be the gearbox mount that's worn. Now this looks to be a cheap replacement part and as I am approaching 100k miles I think i will replace it anyway. but is anyone aware of what else this could be if anything?

Thanks

that was the first symptom i picked up on when i needed a new dual mass flywheel n clutch
a sort of wobble when flooring it
just after that came rattling sounds

Interesting. I hope it isn’t that as I had that done at 12 months old under warranty. If it is it wouldn’t be the end of the world. And to be fair I’ve had my suspicions about the clutch for a while. Just a bit of juddering when going up a steep hill from a standstill. More revs makes it go away! MORE POWER! Lol

Sounds like too much torque for a tired clutch due to the remap. The clamping force probably isn’t what it used to be.

Increasing the output without uprating the clutch / DMF probably isn’t going to end well.

05E42B65-7BDB-46DB-97F4-94271E7EF7EB.jpeg

I agree regarding the clutch, however the DMF is rated at 450nm. I’m probably hovering around the 280 mark so I doubt there will any negative impact there. The clutch though is probably the same on the 102 as it is on the 150?? I don’t know but an updated clutch when the time comes will probably be a welcome addition.

I’m betting that if I did nothing I would be good for another 50k

Back