Jacking Points And Axle Stands

Anyone seen these? Anyone willing to cobble together one of them? I remember seeing a manufacturer this side of the pond.

Like the idea, but prefer the standard axle stand as it’s ‘mostly’ in compression, not torsion/bending.
Really great concept though.

I'm speaking to the guy that makes these hub stands and he's reassured these do not move. You'd need to lift the van 250mm vertically to overcome the centre of gravity.

He's a race engineer.. these are what they use on all their vehicles. Also said they could beef them up but will cost more, anyone interested?

He's going to send me a video of these in action. Could be quite interesting. Will keep you posted.

Ok so what is the need for these then , can’t replace brakes, can’t work on suspension both the main reasons for needing to jack up the vehicle in the first place

Ok so what is the need for these then , can’t replace brakes, can’t work on suspension both the main reasons for needing to jack up the vehicle in the first place

Removing all 4 wheels for powdercoat is what I need to do but I would also be looking to underseal as well.

If there's another way to do it with just axle stands let me know. Just can't figure out how to lift up the rear to get it safely on stands.

Removing all 4 wheels for powdercoat is what I need to do but I would also be looking to underseal as well.

If there's another way to do it with just axle stands let me know. Just can't figure out how to lift up the rear to get it safely on stands.
You lift under the trailing arms and place axle under the normal jacking point.
Oh, and it’s more like 25mm vertical lift, not 250mm. Still not an easy thing to do.

You lift under the trailing arms and place axle under the normal jacking point.
Oh, and it’s more like 25mm vertical lift, not 250mm. Still not an easy thing to do.

Yea, 25mm is correct. Error on my part.

Is the trailing arm bit right where the hole is?

I do think many of you have worked on vehicles with worst supports than this........its no 100 percent but neither are axel stands. Infact I don't trust them! One slip and the Mrs is a wealthy widow

Nope. You try moving the van on its wheels, then consider to overcome those feet you also have to lift the van to move it forward. It not gong to move front to back.
Agreed, and you'd have the handbrake on and first gear engaged. It'd take some moving.

I do think many of you have worked on vehicles with worst supports than this........its no 100 percent but neither are axel stands. Infact I don't trust them! One slip and the Mrs is a wealthy widow
It's often not the jack / axle stands etc that are the biggest risk, it's the terrain, if you are fortunate enough to be working an flat level concrete you are so much safer. Of course life isn't always that kind and having to change a wheel on soft or sloped ground certainly increases the risk massively, then it's best to never put any part of yourself under the vehicle.

I'm speaking to the guy that makes these hub stands and he's reassured these do not move. You'd need to lift the van 250mm vertically to overcome the centre of gravity.

He's a race engineer.. these are what they use on all their vehicles. Also said they could beef them up but will cost more, anyone interested?

He's going to send me a video of these in action. Could be quite interesting. Will keep you posted.
Just be aware that when working in a commercial / industrial setting LOLER comes into play.
All jacks are classed as lifting equipment and the minimum requirement is that they are supplied with a Certificate of Conformity referencing the unique marked serial number.

Resurecting an old thread here, but Is this point on subframe (pictured) ok to place jack under, trying to work out if it is possible to lift the whole front end in one go?

20210314_211843.jpg

Resurecting an old thread here, but Is this point on subframe (pictured) ok to place jack under, trying to work out if it is possible to lift the whole front end in one go?

View attachment 108340
I wouldn’t as it’s not designed to take the load in that area but if you want to jack in one go use one of these, if I need to it’s what I use ( not the exact one )

1DE4D90C-FB66-4B87-A543-62ADE6615DEE.png

I wouldn’t as it’s not designed to take the load in that area but if you want to jack in one go use one of these, if I need to it’s what I use ( not the exact one )

View attachment 108341
... and been told that it is OK to use the jacking beam that NikNak has posted at these two points marked in RED.

1615757354527.png

Thanks, the reason i asked in the first place was becuse i was hoping to jack in one go and place axle stands where you have marked in red. Thanks for your help.

Why not use the axle stands at the provided jacking slots just behind the front wheels? Wider and will be more stable IMHO. :thumbsup:

Back