Scissor Jack Storage bag

psybear

Hi folks.

My van was supplied with the scissor jack just stored loosely under the driver's seat.

I was watching a Camper King video and see that they supply a tidy little storage bag for the jack with their conversions (screen grab below). I have emailed their shop to see if it's something they might sell but I'm not hopeful.

Have been browsing Amazon and eBay too but haven't come up with anything close.

Any suggestions? Doesn't need to be anything fancy, just don't like the jack shoved in their with no protection for it or the seat electronics etc.

Thanks.

Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 12.41.46.png

Usual storage locations are the rear quarter behind the wheel arch passenger side or under the double passenger bench, might be worth checking if you have mountings there.

Thanks for the reply.

I should have been clearer - mine is a conversion too, so the usual storage options aren't there. I'm okay with it under the driver's seat, just want to have it covered in something protective and not too bulky.

I'd also look into having a strap to stop it moving if you still have looms under the seat

I use similar material tool bags from eBay to hold lots of useful bits and bobs, smaller then you need but that might be the thing to look for.

This one might be just about big enough, I don't have a jack to hand to measure

Or this

Thanks again.

First one I already looked at and it’s not long enough (I measure the jack at 46cm long).

Second is available in 50cm length but the width and height are way off (and they don’t post to Northern Ireland anyway).

Throw the OEM scissor jack away, it's a death trap. Get yourself a 5tonne hydraulic bottle jack, they come up in Aldi & Lidl every now & then for around £15

I should have been clearer - mine is a conversion too, so the usual storage options aren't there.
Mine is also a conversion but the mountings are still there. Mind you, it's pain to get in and out and as @Salty Spuds indicates, the jack itself is a POS. The best bag for it is a garbage bag.

Last edited:
Thanks again.

First one I already looked at and it’s not long enough (I measure the jack at 46cm long).

Second is available in 50cm length but the width and height are way off (and they don’t post to Northern Ireland anyway).
I’ve found eBay has bags of various sizes, which are ideal for kador rails, insulated screen covers, tools etc. I imagine there will be plenty of bags sized at 50cm

Hi folks.

My van was supplied with the scissor jack just stored loosely under the driver's seat.

I was watching a Camper King video and see that they supply a tidy little storage bag for the jack with their conversions (screen grab below). I have emailed their shop to see if it's something they might sell but I'm not hopeful.

Have been browsing Amazon and eBay too but haven't come up with anything close.

Any suggestions? Doesn't need to be anything fancy, just don't like the jack shoved in their with no protection for it or the seat electronics etc.

Thanks.

View attachment 227055
Mine Vw came with a a storage cover for the Jack, tow hook and wrench , which fits altogether and stows in the rear on a threaded stud … see my photos .. took this many as a reminder to myself on how it all goes back as it’s a bit of a head scratcher !!

IMG_6740.jpeg

IMG_6741.jpeg

IMG_6742.jpeg

IMG_6743.jpeg

IMG_6745.jpeg

IMG_6746.jpeg

Back