Jacking Points And Axle Stands

As far as i can gather, there is noting suitable for the rear except the jacking points

As far as i can gather, there is noting suitable for the rear except the jacking points
I recently jacked up my van on the arm directly under the spring ( god knows what its called) and placed axle stands on the proper jacking points. I did this after a google search took me to a haynes manual online video, where this is what they suggested. Although it was on a t4 assumed it would still be acceptable on a t6?

Charismatic voiceover!

This did come up on one of the other jacking threads, where jacking under the wishbone wasn't advised (see below). But i would tend to agree with you, if Haynes thinks its ok for a T4, then surely it's ok for a T6....

Jacking on a wish bone ?
Not good idea each to their own

Lol that voice made me go weak at the knees :p

Happy to be corrected and told a better place though if anyone has one

I've used this method and it does work. However, it is tricky to know how far up to jack the van to ensure the wheel will still be in the air when the jack is removed. Not a big deal mind.
When I did my suspension, i came off the front trailing arm mount, but it is awkward getting at it from the side of the van and being able to get an axle stand in the right place.
Need a 4 pad lifter in the garage. ;)

I used to think of Margaret Thatcher for a couple of minutes delay, I think the narrator just got a new job.

Old age getting the better of me.
Just went out to have a look to remind myself. You can't get at the inner mount point as the arb runs under it.
Looks like I lifted under the trailing arm itself. There is a slightly raised hole in it about mid way, where I can see a witness mark from my wood block.

@CarpyT6
Where no 5 points here

Just be careful during the initial lift with std suspension as the angles are greater. The struggle is all coming back to me now. Probably better coming in from the rear (so to speak) as I remember having to yank the jack out of the way to place the axle stand.
Ah ok thanks, that's probably not too far away from where i did it anyway.

The reason i jacked the van was to lower the back down a bit more, now sits pretty much level with the front

Last edited:
Rite...

Removing all 4 wheels for powdercoat.

I know where to jack it up from using the dedicated points but how do I then get it onto the axle stands to remove the Jack. Is there anywhere front and back suitable for the axle stand so sit?

Scratching my head here. I've looked at other threads but nothing difinitive.

There's a pont behind engine I could jack up to get both front axle stands on the Jack points but not sure how to lift the back up to do the same.

If anyone's got pictures that be amazing. The wheels will be away for 3 days...

I did have a brainwave and thought about making a jig that bolts into the 5 stud hub that a jack stand would then hook under. That would be an engineering masterpiece... But ideally there's a way to save me hours on the welder.

Here's hope!

Nice stable base. Won't be too long before it's resting on the brake discs!

• Haha
Reactions: JOG
Back