Jacking Points And Axle Stands

surf-report

Gas Engineer
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Can anyone tell me what points they jack their van up with when using a trolley jack please?

image.jpeg

Found this pic on net.. Essentially anywhere a two post ramp lifts this is front

image.jpeg

Found this one, might be worth making a wooden block up as an alternative..

Wouldn't think polymorph would be strong enough to.. Mind you could then use it to get a metal one made...

I had to put a wooden fence post between the van and my jack when I changed my wheels over as the trolley jack I have doesn't lift far enough off the ground

Morning All,

Maybe a silly question, but were is the best place to position a trolley jack? I've looked underneath and the original jacking points don't look safe to use to me and I'm paranoid I'll bend the metal.

I use the original jacking points with my super low 3 ton trolley jack but it does have a large plate and a rubber pad attachment. Seems super stable and the metal does not bend.

At the rear you should see a right angle of chassis sticking down in front of the rear wheel where the rear wishbone swivels.
scaled.IMG_0242.jpg

At the front I use the wishbone or the jacking point with pad, depending on what I'm doing but use stands if I'm going under...

At the front I use the wishbone or the jacking point with pad, depending on what I'm doing but use stands if I'm going under...
I use the trolley jack under the normal jacking points with a pad. If using stands, where do you put them under the van once the van is jacked up on the trolley jack.

When you say Pad...where can I get one and do they need to be specific to my jack?

When you say Pad...where can I get one and do they need to be specific to my jack?
Can be many things, softwood, a Hockey Puck, custom moulded Polymorph are all the things I have used in the past.
Here are a couple of my custom ones.
scaled.IMG_0741.jpg scaled.IMG_3918.jpgscaled.IMG_1055.jpg

Last edited:
Back