Issues With Engine 2.0 Bitdi 204hp

BIgben

T6 Pro
Has anyone else had an oil warning light come on?
Just had the oil warning light come on and done a check. The oil is right at the bottom of the stick. Anyone else used much?
It's a 204ps with 6,000 miles.

@BIgben , I'd make a note of amount added, mileage etc, and give dealers workshop a call Monday. Check regularly every say 250miles?

Thanks @T6 Dave I'm supposed to be dropping her off tomorrow morning to look at the lights but am away working again until Weds so will have to wait..

@BIgben , I know I'm teaching to suck eggs, but don't drive without topping up at all, in fact don't start van! If needs speak to vw assistance.

I had better see if I can track down some Oil on a Sunday night...
Now where did I leave that manual?
Anyone have a best guess of how much to put in is safe? Perhaps 1/2 a litre? 1 litre?
I'll have to scoop out all the mayo from the filler tube too!

@BIgben don't drive the vehicle or start it to find the oil, as this can damage the engine permanently, if you need to go and find some, give vw assistance a call and see if they will come out as I wouldn't expect such a heavy use, or have you been told to keep an eye on it by dealer? If not is a vw problem?

Anything to put the light out, add, check, add, check... Sorry for teaching to suck eggs, but assumption is the mother of all f@&kups! :D:eek::thumbsdown::thumbsup::whistle::whistle: Google the oil used if needs, didn't mean any oil, but if in the Sahara you would use any oil!

Anything to put the light out, add, check, add, check... Sorry for teaching to suck eggs, but assumption is the mother of all f@&kups! :D:eek::thumbsdown::thumbsup::whistle::whistle: Google the oil used if needs, didn't mean any oil, but if in the Sahara you would use any oil!
Dealers usually hand out a pot of oil and say to check regularly, mine used half a litre in first 4,000 miles

Phoned the VW assistance who sent out the AA man in a T6.
He put a litre of oil in and said keep a close eye on it.
He said his had done 6,000 miles too and he hadn't checked the oil so we did a little comparison. His had not used any although we think his was the single turbo version.

@BIgben , glad you've got it sorted, and thanks for the feedback, glad I could be of assistance. Don't forget to tell the dealer when you get to take it in for the light check as it's logged against vw assistance as well. Have a quiet night! :thumbsup::):whistle::sleep::sleep:

I was advised when I bought mine to keep an eye on the levels for the first few thousand miles as all of these engines use a little more than normal, early on in their life. Mine used about half a litre in the first thousand miles and almost nothing since. I'm now on 18k.

Well, had my flight cancelled today because of fog and managed to get into the dealers to get the lights looked at so told them about the oil.
The guy said totally normal, well within the VW parameters which is 1 litre per 1,000 miles???

Yep found the same thing mine likes a drink on run in, a long time back we all used bedding in oil on engines. Oh dear years have passed LOL. Hone marks sill the same well over 60k LOL. :speechless:

My van came with a litre bottle of oil in the door pocket , just in case ??

Mine came with a bottle too, I check it weekly and it hasn't used any in nearly 7000miles

Mine has done about 11000 miles now and still no oil usage!

I read somewhere (maybe the Cali forum) about vans being delivered with quite low oil, so @BIgben that could have been the case with you.

I also got a litre bottle in the door pocket but half of it was used. So I did wonder if the dealer had checked and topped it up as part of the PDI. But more likely they just gave me an old used bottle :)

MY 204 has chewed 1.5 L in 4000 miles.Mind it is under the extreme of loads. Not really worried as the 180 was way worse :giggle:. At least the 204 sounds right when started cold, not like the 180BITDI trying to wake all the neighbours when starting cold with low miles early on a morning, even with oil level on the max mark LOL.:laugh:

When I got mine, the first thing I done was checked the levels and the oil was down by half a litre! So I made the dealer top it But if they do that on every vehicle they sell that is millions of £ a year they save

Back