Issues With Engine 2.0 Bitdi 204hp

145.000km problems with engine. VW said: Guarantee not working (up to 04.2018) - full package of service insurance too... I had repair/change 2 turbo (low and high rpm). Motor oil consumption 1,45l./1000km After changes ~0,9l/1000km. VW paid 100% for changing turbine and 50% for work cost - the rest paid package of service. It was 1 year after end of guarantee...
Problems like in benzin motor. Now I change motor for new one.
I paid for it ~12.770EUR. It takes 2 months in the Service ... In this year my car spend in the Service for changing turbins, motor and diagnostics ~3 months.
I want to write my all service history in next post in engine subject.

Last edited:
Hello all. I know this question has probably been asked 100 times I can but apologise. Currently a caddy owner but looking to upgrade. I've found what would be a perfect model for what I want. The catch being it's a 2010 2.0BiTDI 180. I don't really know the ins and outs but I know they're potentially a horror story. What are the issues (all I've heard is expect to buy a new engine). I've been told that the fix was instead of using 5w-30 (I think it was) using 5w-40 and all is grand. Is there any truth in this or is it just him trying to flog it asap? My issue is if it's such an easy fix why the horror stories?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Check the revision suffix on the EGR cooler. I have a 2016 CFCA engine, see photo of my EGR cooler, apparently from D onwards is good.
I’m not sure that a 2010 van is even the same engine as mine but the EGR cooler corrosion was the cause of the engine wear.
Correct - revision "D". That's the good one :thumbsup:
1599069667988.png

Last edited:
Reactions: mmi
The CFCA Engine does have a design Error, leading to Engine Death.
Not every Engine does die, but a very lot of them.
So if you by a wonderful CFCA engine, i have one, too. You have to look that the Bus got a new engine originaly by VW fittet after 2015 installed.
Only than you are save.
The new one comes with the AGR Cooler Version D where the Problem is solved.

If you buy anything else than you are playing roulette with the price of paying 4-8k Euro for the new Engine together with the diesel particulate filter

Look here the German FAQ: FAQ 132 kw Ölverbrauch
And Here over 600 Pages of complaining users ... Hoher Ölverbrauch T5 Multivan 132kw

Back