Issues With Engine 2.0 Bitdi 204hp

Mines a 180 euro 5 , done 35K since I bought it at the beginning of last April and never used a drop of oil between services , only had two services to date. It's been chipped from new so don't know if this would make a differance.

Maybe regarding weight on my part. My first engine Euro 5 180 BITDI lasted for 46.000 miles. Before that time the 180 BITDI 4 MOTION DSG had sounded loud regarding tappets for a while, i.e. after 35.000 miles on start up, PS The van has always been checked for oil level and topped up and way over serviced at 10,000 interval miles full stop by VW dealer. The van decided to rattle its t-ts off one morning on cold start, It was that bad i thought it had spun a shell bearing. Another new engine plus other parts were fitted under warranty. The engine with the best close attention was nearly as bad at 100.00 miles and got rid.

Hi,

I'm looking for owner experiences of oil usage on the 204ps engine please.

I had a service in February and today on start the "check oil" warning came on.

Service was 8700 miles ago, I wouldn't expect to fill oil so soon.

Tbh I'm not used to filling oil as my last cars never used any.

Hi,

I'm looking for owner experiences of oil usage on the 204ps engine please.

I had a service in February and today on start the "check oil" warning came on.

Service was 8700 miles ago, I wouldn't expect to fill oil so soon.

Tbh I'm not used to filling oil as my last cars never used any.

It's pretty normal mate. Most of us 204 owners use oil, and I'm around 1lt per 10k.

I've not had any issue at 20000 apart from oil service light! was it a VW service? if so call them back?

It's pretty normal mate. Most of us 204 owners use oil, and I'm around 1lt per 10k.

OK thanks for that, I was thinking oh wtf now. I guess I put in about half a litre ish, will check properly tomorrow.

Will also learn to check the dipstick more often.

I havnt been checking between services and I'm nearly at 50k but I'm not aware of any unusual oil usage with my 204. I will check tomorrow out of curiosity.

26k miles, 1 dealer service @ 18k, checked it yesterday still bang between the marks. Not had to top up since I got it.

Oil change every 10k and never use a drop in-between although I'm not sure I know where the oil dippy stick thing is. I think its on the bit under the front that goes Brum Brum.

Thanks for that, I filled to top of the indication area and will check again after 1000miles. I have the engine cover and noticed it looks a bit dirty underneath and something need a slight tighten.

Topped to max on the dipstick and put in 1. 5 litres. Will check again in 1000miles and see if it's dropped.

I'm hoping they didn't fill it during the last service.

They certainly did not fill mine at it’s service two weeks ago. I only checked the levels as they spilled oil all over the engine bay and did not clean up afterwards.

The dip stick reads just under half after the service. Surely this is not correct?

I have informed them and they said ‘We have spoken with the technicians and have reviewed oil filling procedures’. Whatever that means is anyone’s guess as it’s not exactly rocket science. It a shame it’s a 3 hrs round trip otherwise I would be standing in their dealership getting a face to face apology.

They certainly did not fill mine at it’s service two weeks ago. I only checked the levels as they spilled oil all over the engine bay and did not clean up afterwards.

The dip stick reads just under half after the service. Surely this is not correct?

I have informed them and they said ‘We have spoken with the technicians and have reviewed oil filling procedures’. Whatever that means is anyone’s guess as it’s not exactly rocket science. It a shame it’s a 3 hrs round trip otherwise I would be standing in their dealership getting a face to face apology.
That would be the point where I would ask him if they’d like to tell me what these filling procedures are because I’m looking at a dipstick that’s reading less than half!!?

Bet they charged you for the full 7 litres.. I would be asking for a refund

Back