ISS and Space-related discussion

Hi all, remember test flight SN8?

Watch live tonight...
SpaceX Starship Hi-Altitude Flight Test
SpaceX
Live Video will start soon

Test flight was aborted at the last second last night.

Starship SN9 test flight was set for today, but cancelled due to high winds.
Restrictions remain in place for Tuesday or Wednesday launch attempts.

First time I've seen this thread. Its great, love anything to do with space. I'm fascinated by the scale of the universe, even though more often than not I struggle to comprehend it.

@JOG
Not yet, but if you look at whats highlighted on the left hand side of the live feed, looks like they working their way down to launch. :thumbsup:

We will get a T- time at some point, but a test flight can be pulled at anytime.

@JOG
Not yet, but if you look at whats highlighted on the left hand side of the live feed, looks like they working their way down to launch. :thumbsup:

We will get a T- time at some point, but a test flight can be pulled at anytime.
True - but it’s looking good so far!

@JOG

Maybe tomorrow!

Long & highly visible ISS pass a few minutes ago, almost directly overhead, nothing heard though.

Not looking good ... The FAA not happy with something ?
I believe it stems from SN8 exceeding the FAA's height limit for the test

The FAA determined late Monday (Feb.1 ) that SpaceX complies with all safety and related federal regulations and is authorized to conduct Starship SN9 flight operations in accordance with its launch license.

Road closure in place today from 15:00 to 23:59 site is evacuated..

fair play to space x. Not a musk fan boy but do enjoy watching these test rockets and the fact they're not scared to share the live stream regardless of the out come. This failure pretty much looked like the second raptor failed to ignite so they'll learn from this as always. Expect SN10 to launch pretty quickly. Would love to be there in Texas to witness one of these live.

Last edited:
fair play to space x. Not a musk fan boy but do enjoy watching these test rockets and the fact they're not scared to share the live stream regardless of the out come. This failure pretty much looked like the second raptor failed to ignite so they'll learn from this as always. Expect SN10 to launch pretty quickly. Would love to be there in Texts to witness one of these live.
I’m no Musk fanboy either but I too admire their “transparency”

Falcon 9 is set for launch tomorrow (Wednesday.)

Will put up 70 Starlink Satellites

Back