ISS and Space-related discussion

Watch live tonight...
SpaceX Starship Hi-Altitude Flight Test
SpaceX
Live Video will start soon

Test flight was aborted at the last second last night.

Last edited:
My youngest (aged 6) had a virtual meeting with “Space Dave” (an astronomer) in New Zealand as part of his Beavers (scouts) meeting this week! “Space Dave” was quite impressed at what he knew about the sky at night and ISS since I downloaded those apps and got them to look up occasionally!

Thanks for your guidance folks!

Wow, I watched that flight and was wondering if the third engine had failed during the flight or it was deliberate, but then it only lit 2 for the landing and clearly wasn’t enough as it slammed down a bit too hard.

Interestingly, what I would consider a “fail” is viewed as a “success”! Then I read a bit more about it and understand. As they are adopting an agile development approach, they take the learnings and plough ahead rather than spend years of committee review. “Build fast! Fail fast! Fix fast!”

However, there is nothing like a big explosion where no-one got hurt to stimulate the kids’ interest further!

Looking a bit cloudy for the main event this evening! Disappointing

Yip, no chance of seeing the conjunction from South Wales. Can't see 100 yards up the road it's so misty.

Last edited:
You will need binoculars or a telescope to see Uranus near Mars tonight... and a clear sky.
The ISS will pass over the Uk tonight at 18:29.

AD72535A-5069-4DE6-9ABB-43C56D425F90.jpeg

Bright ISS pass over UK at 18:31 today.
Nice and early, and it’s looking clear for most of the UK.

Back