Is there a simple CAN module (readonly, low power) - output signal on lock by remote

pat7

Hello,
I'm looking for a very simple CAN module:
It should detect a specific message on the bus, e.g. "lock by original remote" and then output a 12V pulse or similar.
i.e. CAN input, analog out,
Preferably read-only on the bus and low power.

It should know the T6 of course:) - 2019 in my case. Though these messages seem to be the same in some other VW.

Ok, there's a slovak "Keetec M-CAN", nice, takes 7mA standby though and would be a little bit like using a sledgehammer for cracking nuts.

Do you know alternatives? (apart from full DIY...)

Thanks a lot
Pat

That's an interesting one.

What are you planing to build?

> existing BCM outputs. Door locks get simple 12V signals when vehicle is being locked

really? Are there pulses each time I press the button on the remote, even when doors are locked and I "lock" multiple times?

If so, that would be the perfect solution in this case.

my BCM is 7E0 937 090 D
I found...
J519 T73a 73 pin connector pin 12 driver door central locking motor (or pin 11, all doors)
Did you mean that?

(I was afraid that this is only a state signal - locked or unlocked, and multiple presses aren't detectable.)

> an interesting one

The very idea of these thougths... I just want to switch simple hardware without dedicated buttons. So e.g. press "lock" three times.

> existing BCM outputs. Door locks get simple 12V signals when vehicle is being locked

really? Are there pulses each time I press the button on the remote, even when doors are locked and I "lock" multiple times?

If so, that would be the perfect solution in this case.

my BCM is 7E0 937 090 D
I found...
J519 T73a 73 pin connector pin 12 driver door central locking motor (or pin 11, all doors)
Did you mean that?

(I was afraid that this is only a state signal - locked or unlocked, and multiple presses aren't detectable.)

> an interesting one

The very idea of these thougths... I just want to switch simple hardware without dedicated buttons. So e.g. press "lock" three times.
Just beware of the number of times you press the lock and unlock as an odd number of presses locks the van with deadlocks and even without.

Deadlocks are for my 1st vehicle.
---

Does anybody know what the locking motor signals on the BCM output pins look like?
J519 T73a pin 11, 12, 15 (other pins?)

Are there pulses? Repeated pulses on repeated keypresses?

Thanks a lot
Pat

It's just a plain +12V "pulse" driving locking motors on pins 11/12 and 15. Just polarity reversed on locking and unlocking.

Easy access to measure e.g at left sliding door contact strip
  • locking - pin bottom left +12V - pin bottom right ground.
  • unlocking - pin bottom left ground - pin bottom right +12V
However, never verified if the "pulse" to the locks still happens when van is locked. Mine doesn't "clonk" any more after lock-down although indicators still do flash.

EDIT:
Right sliding door contact strip
  • unlocking - pin top left +12V - pin top right ground.
  • locking - pin top left ground - pin top right +12V

Indicators are lit by the BCM firmware independently from the locker signals. I also considered to monitor turning light outputs on the BCM. Probably more complicated, though.

Locking motors switch off themselves when the required end position is reached. Therefore each motor only "clonks" if necessary.

> It's just a plain +12V "pulse" driving locking motors on pins 11/12 and 15. Just polarity reversed on locking and unlocking.

If it is possible to unlock a previously locked door by other means - mechanical lever/knob... - then the next press on "lock" should re-lock that door. This would require repeated "lock" pulses on repeated key presses.

A 12V pulse on one pin and ground on the other(s) for locking and the other way around for unlocking? This would make sense for even thumb locking motors. Is this what I'll find in the T6?

If so, voila, and Thank You

Back