Battery Chargers - How I Did It -

Time to talk to your converter - your charger and monitor are clearly showing different voltages - They are not connected to the same point in the circuit.

I think the charger would show exactly those characteristics if it was not connected to the LB. That could be an internal fault in the charger or an external wiring fault - Ask if there’s a fuse between charger and LB - has it blown? ( or accidentally not fitted into fuse holder)?
Have you ever seen current flowing on the charger display?

Simon
I have sent them an email. Will let you know what they say, I will probably need to take it back to them to have a look.

Its Amazon Prime 48hr sale 2021.

30-day Free Trial or Paid Membership

1624288147396.png

++++

1624288168860.png

++++

1624288252341.png

++++

I have sent them an email. Will let you know what they say, I will probably need to take it back to them to have a look.
Have they got back to you as I've had the same issue whilst camping this weekend. Running a Dometic CRX50 and a Noco Genius 10. The Noco charges when you turn it on and gets to the top so all lights a light and top green is flashing, once it swaps into optimisation mode the charge just tails off and although the fridge is continuing to use power the charger doesn't change back into maintenance mode and start the cycle again. Id been keeping an eye on it but it still managed to drop to 12.2/12.3 which isnt great!

Have they got back to you as I've had the same issue whilst camping this weekend. Running a Dometic CRX50 and a Noco Genius 10. The Noco charges when you turn it on and gets to the top so all lights a light and top green is flashing, once it swaps into optimisation mode the charge just tails off and although the fridge is continuing to use power the charger doesn't change back into maintenance mode and start the cycle again. Id been keeping an eye on it but it still managed to drop to 12.2/12.3 which isnt great!
Hi, sorry for the late reply. I took it in and they changed the Victron charger. They were not sure why the charger packed up? They simply put the brand new one as it was under warranty.

just managed to bag myself another Victron IP22 charger.

30A single output.

UK version so it has a UK plug.

1642259720010.png1642259733575.png1642259750170.png

PLus its the newer HW version that has VE.Smart BT buit-in . . . . . happy days.

1642259818685.png

out the box it was FW V3.21 . . . . after a quick update its now. V3.42

1642259866870.png1642259877644.png

now i have two of these i can double up and get 60A charging on the go (30A +30A)

1642259925492.png

take a look . . . - Blue Smart IP22 Charger - Victron Energy

1642259983814.png

get one here - Amazon.co.uk : victron ip22

example 15A version . . .

1642260035589.png

heres the latest charger in the collection.

Victron IP65 12v/25A

1655937505367.png

its a beast compared to the IP65 12/15A

1655937545019.png

and even bigger than the IP22 12/30

1655937587520.png

FW update on first connection.

1655937610807.png

connected to a Renogy 100A lithium . . .

we get 25A straight away. . .

1655937643933.png1655937657181.png1655937666188.png

it get warm when running full rate. . . . but not HOT.

its fanless and waterproof too.

+++++++++++++

but for size, you cant beat the IP22 . . . and its 30A !!

+++++++++++++

1655937799743.png

1655937849258.png

1655937872399.png

1655937901324.png

Old thread I know, sorry! Charging through the tow bar electrics would be ideal for me (I back up to the garage to park so I'd only need a short cable) but the Disco3 shop is no more. I found this adapter for the Ctek - anyone tried this, or alternative recommendations?

Thanks,

Martin

Old thread I know, sorry! Charging through the tow bar electrics would be ideal for me (I back up to the garage to park so I'd only need a short cable) but the Disco3 shop is no more. I found this adapter for the Ctek - anyone tried this, or alternative recommendations?

Thanks,

Martin

To answer my own question... I re-read the various threads on charging the vehicle battery and realised the even simpler solution is a cigarette lighter adapter for a low current charger plugged in to the 240v sockets in the van, then I just have to plug the EHU into the garage to maintain the leisure battery and the vehicle battery at the same time. This has the added advantage of working on campsites with EHU too

To answer my own question... I re-read the various threads on charging the vehicle battery and realised the even simpler solution is a cigarette lighter adapter for a low current charger plugged in to the 240v sockets in the van, then I just have to plug the EHU into the garage to maintain the leisure battery and the vehicle battery at the same time. This has the added advantage of working on campsites with EHU too
Yep, agreed.

Keep the max rate under 8A to stop the socket getting hot or melting.

anyone fancey this?

Noco Genius multifunction charger G15000 EU 12V/ 24V 15A for lead-acid and lithium batteries​

++

1707378357878.png1707378366985.png

Hi all,

I've bought an EHU kit from Rayne Automotive, complete with a 2-way double pole consumer unit with a 40A 30ma RCD, and an 8A battery charger (picture below), which I intend to leave permanently connected to the vehicle starter battery. After reading this thread (and the linked thread with details of the correct grounding point) I now intend to connect the live lead eyelet to the battery terminal, and the negative to the headliamp bracket adjacent to the battery.

I just wish I'd seen this post before I bought the kit, as the Noco and Victron units look better options, with regards the leads and connector plugs.

My set up will be running a couple of 240v sockets in the van, plus the 8A smart charger for the starter battery - I wanted this as there are 12v LED lights in the van, and I didn't want to flatten the battery by having these on.

I've opted for a Bluetti EB55, with a 120w portable solar panel, instead of a leisure battery, as I've got a touring caravan and these come in handy when I go off grid with that.

Has anyone got any pointers

1710100951708.png

Hi all,

I've bought an EHU kit from Rayne Automotive, complete with a 2-way double pole consumer unit with a 40A 30ma RCD, and an 8A battery charger (picture below), which I intend to leave permanently connected to the vehicle starter battery. After reading this thread (and the linked thread with details of the correct grounding point) I now intend to connect the live lead eyelet to the battery terminal, and the negative to the headliamp bracket adjacent to the battery.

I just wish I'd seen this post before I bought the kit, as the Noco and Victron units look better options, with regards the leads and connector plugs.

My set up will be running a couple of 240v sockets in the van, plus the 8A smart charger for the starter battery - I wanted this as there are 12v LED lights in the van, and I didn't want to flatten the battery by having these on.

I've opted for a Bluetti EB55, with a 120w portable solar panel, instead of a leisure battery, as I've got a touring caravan and these come in handy when I go off grid with that.

Has anyone got any pointers

View attachment 232555
Should be ok.

8A will cover the loads you mention, provided you use EHU to charge the portable power station and not the 12v conection.

You will find the 120w panel is a bit lacking for a charging the PPP, it will extend your run time a bit.

So for now get it hooked up and see how you go.

Should be ok.

8A will cover the loads you mention, provided you use EHU to charge the portable power station and not the 12v conection.

You will find the 120w panel is a bit lacking for a charging the PPP, it will extend your run time a bit.

So for now get it hooked up and see how you go.
Thanks Dellmassive.

I bought the solar panel as a bit of contingency to keep the EB55 topped-up if I find myself off-grid. The only draw in these circumstances would be charging phones/iPad and running an Alpicool compressor fridge.

Back