T6.1 Lock/Unlock signal wires?

solutionz

T6 Pro
I have a T6.1 California MY21 with factory alarm system which I'm wanting to add a secondary method to lock/unlock & arm/disarm the alarm (just like pressing the remote button would) but via RFID.

The RFID controller outputs a simple 12V pulse to either an [unlock] or [lock] wire so I'm wondering if there are any corresponding wires they can be tied to in the VW circuit, or if it's all CAN-BUS controlled in which case is there a gateway / controller I could use?

Alternatively the easiest way could almost be wire directly into the buttons of a spare VW remote fob; or is there some purpose built remote emulator / device with basic lock/unlock & 12V power inputs can can be paired to the ECU just like a normal remote?

Question, why like that?
I need to understand better.

Reactions: mmi
Sounds like you want to emulate a key fob, just buy another keyfob ?

Question, why like that?
I need to understand better.
I want to fit this module to the windscreen so I can unlock by RFID tag (or even PIN code or mobile device): https://visiontechamerica.com/collections/keyless-entry/products/ikeyfree-pro-smart-keyless-system-through-a-smartphone-for-multi-vehicles

However it only outputs a basic 12v pulse on unlock/lock wires so I need something to interface with the van alarm and central locking,

Sounds like you want to emulate a key fob, just buy another keyfob ?

As above that would be my last resort; to get another keyfob and solder relays to the buttons to interface with. However I was wondering first if there is a simpler way to connect to the system (directly or via CAN), or if there is already a purpose-made "virtual keyfob" type module available ready to connect to third-party circuits (which would be more reliable than a soldered franken-fob).

I get it now, not sure there is an easy way to interface that, it would be simple to connect up the lock/unlock signal as that is a simple electric signal to initiate but that wouldn’t set/unset the alarm

The keyfob goes direct to the BCM so not sure what you could do to interface the alarm system, I think the easiest option would be to strip a keyfob and tag onto the circuit board and bury it in the dash somewhere, a second hand keyfob would do as they are not vehicle specific and any compatible (MHz) keyfob can be coded to your van so wouldn’t cost a packet ??

Just a couple of notes after a bit more research and testing;

1. As Pauly alluded to it is fairly simple to lock/unlock without arming/disarming the alarm by bridging the wires running to the driver's door central locking rocker switch.
Pro's = Can be used while vehicle is running to create a basic runlock.
Con's = Alarm is not set on locking, and cannot be unlocked if it was locked with remote / Safelock.

2. It looks like this can be achieved via CAN-BUS + Arduino etc.
Catalog
Some VW CAN Stuff to help out people with MK5 and some MK6 Type platform vehicles
MKV GTI CAN-BUS data

3. Alarm can be disarmed by transponder key in ignition set to ACC;
which opens up some options like a fixed mounted transponder chip that can be activated / deactivated via a secondary circuit (possibly by grounding the antenna via relay).

4. Remote is [7LA 959 752 F] 434Mhz with transponder supposedly Megamos Crypto AES. "VAG MQB". ID49 / Silca: ID88. Or possibly Megamos ID48.
Pro's of wiring up to a fob = Can lock/unlock and arm/disarm if the vehicle is not running.
Con's = Doesn't work when the vehicle is running unless additionally wiring up the the drivers door switch.

On a side note I'm interested to know if there is a "rigid key" (VB7) part number available for the T6.1?

Last edited:
Well I found out you can enable remote locking/unlocking (without arming the alarm) with key in the ignition and/or vehicle running with the following on VCDS so soldering onto a spare key fob would be a viable option if I can't get it working via CAN.

09 - Central Electrics
Security Code 31347
Adaptation
ENG141651-ENG149179-ZV aligemein-Funk_bei_Klemme_15_ein
Set to Active

Back