Would I be correct in thinking that the machined faced version will eventually suffer from the dreaded worm?

Would I be correct in thinking that the machined faced version will eventually suffer from the dreaded worm?
Like any other machined or polished finish, yes, the risks of wheel worm are always there. Anyone looking at any wheels with such a finish needs to be aware of that. Ceramic coatings, regular cleaning with gentle, non-acidic cleaners, timely repair of even minor stone chips or scuffs will help reduce the risk, but yes, it's always going to be a risk.

Any machined/polished wheel finish isn't as durable as a painted or powder coated finish.

Like any other machined or polished finish, yes, the risks of wheel worm are always there. Anyone looking at any wheels with such a finish needs to be aware of that. Ceramic coatings, regular cleaning with gentle, non-acidic cleaners, timely repair of even minor stone chips or scuffs will help reduce the risk, but yes, it's always going to be a risk.

Any machined/polished wheel finish isn't as durable as a painted or powder coated finish.
Aka - what they don’t tell you at the start! Great advice @ChrisR

They look awsome what size Tyres did you go for ? What suspension set up ?

They look awsome what size Tyres did you go for ? What suspension set up ?
Cheers! 265/40 rear and 235/45 front. It’s all the way down on H&R coilovers plus machined front top mounts and rear adjuster deletes. It’s about 90-95mm lower than standard. I need to rethink the tyres though because I’m too low to run these sizes without a bit of rubbing now and then. If I ran the suspension without the extra drop from the top mounts and adjuster deletes they would be fine as they are.

@Paul Binding recently trusted The Van Cave to apply a few choice mods to his already gorgeous Chestnut Brown T6 Kombi.

In addition to the great spec it was already running it now has:
THQ V3 Black LED Headlights
H&R Damping rate adjustable coil over suspension
Gloss Black Upper and Lower Front Grills
Gloss Black Lower Splitter.

Keep your eyes on this van, Paul isn't finished yet and we'll be helping him along the way in the future too.

After (Thanks Paul for the Photos)
Image 5.jpgImage 1.jpg

Before:
File_000 (5).jpegFile_001 (2).jpeg

A big shout-out for @ChrisR and Van Cave who fitted me out with the much discussed -40mm H&R & Koni (Sport in my case as T32 with 20’ wheels) combination. I couldn’t be more pleased!

I was hoping to get the look I was after, without compromising the ride...The outcome however surpassed my expectations by some margin...the look I want, plus a smoother, quieter and altogether more composed ride. The extra clearance is also just what I needed to safely park my van under the car port.

Chris’s passion and professionalism shines through in his work and I have no hesitation in recommending him and Van Cave...and then he is just a really nice bloke as well! Thanks so much Chris!!!

#happycustomer #VanCave #ridinsmooth

Before (photo doesn’t do the before gap justice)
View attachment 91005

After
View attachment 91006
View attachment 91042
Did Chris supply your front splitter ,if not were did you get it?

@ChrisR the wheels look amazing on the van. I’m looking for some black machined staggered Torques in 20s for my 2014 T5, do you happen to have any in stock?

@ChrisR the wheels look amazing on the van. I’m looking for some black machined staggered Torques in 20s for my 2014 T5, do you happen to have any in stock?
Hi and thanks! Sadly, I have no stock of Torque and there’s nothing at Inovit either.

Unfortunately, Inovit, like many other wheel manufacturers, are struggling to keep up with demand at the moment so there’s no stock of several styles.

I have 1 set of Speed in staggered 20s with the machined dark finish in stock and there are loads of Blitz in all finishes available next day to customers, but that’s about it.

Several styles are due in March, April and May, but it’s a bit of a waiting game for Inovit wheels at the moment.

Look great, I think I’ll definitely be going with inovit. Leaning towards the torque at the minute to go on a white van.

Hi and thanks! Sadly, I have no stock of Torque and there’s nothing at Inovit either.

Unfortunately, Inovit, like many other wheel manufacturers, are struggling to keep up with demand at the moment so there’s no stock of several styles.

I have 1 set of Speed in staggered 20s with the machined dark finish in stock and there are loads of Blitz in all finishes available next day to customers, but that’s about it.

Several styles are due in March, April and May, but it’s a bit of a waiting game for Inovit wheels at the moment.
Thanks for the reply. I thought that may be the case but thought it was worth asking! Typical that we finally settle on a set and then can’t buy them! Will have to just be patient. Probably best to wait for the nicer weather anyway.

Back