Hey
That’s 20x8.5” ET35 on the front, 10” ET40 on the rear. Tyres are 235/35 front and 265/30 rear.

If you’re after some Frixion 5 in silver there’s good stock of the 8.5”, but no 10” at the moment. You can run the 8.5” on the rear with a spacer for a similar result.
mate I forgot to clarify if these specs were the wheels under your own van?
Cheers again,
Tyler :)

Here's another update of a few of the jobs we've been doing recently, starting with a few returning customers. Many of our customers come back time and time again because they love the quality of our work and customer service.

This is the second van we built for this customer, but this time they went swamper:
25mm lift and Koni Special Actives.
H&R Anti Roll Bars.
THQ V3 headlights.
18" SuperMetal Compass with BFG Tyres.
Arch and Side Trims.
Rear Speakers with Fader Activation.
OEM Reversing Cameral Retrofit.

Since these photos, we've also added a Matt Black Badgeless Grille and some Black Side steps, but didn't get the photos! :rolleyes:

F970BA62-364D-45A4-B954-2D81121A4419.jpg9153B272-E172-4C04-A4D6-A7ADA4FA691E.jpgIMG_2671.JPGIMG_2673.JPGIMG_2669.JPGIMG_2668.JPG

We also had this stunning Caravelle as a returning customer. This van has already had suspension, styling, headlights etc fitted at the cave. This time it was:
Black Powder coated VW bike rack and upgraded gas struts.
Leisure Battery Installation with Inverter, DC-DC Charger and various 240v and 12v outlets.

IMG_2652.JPGIMG_2644.jpeg

Another returning customer brought this van back to us for some further upgrades. We had already taken care of the suspension, wheels and tyres, headlights and some interior electrical mods, but this time we added a DAB and FM shark fin, a matt black badgeless front grille and some minor interior work including storage nets and fire extinguisher.

IMG_2687.JPGIMG_2689.JPG

Final van for this update and this time not a returning customer. A new customer, but an old friend. A new suspension option for us and it's one that works well for those looking to get low on a budget. We can now offer Stance+ suspension and this van is fitted with their Proline coil overs. This is the first kit we've fitted from Stance+ and we were really impressed with the comfort of the kit at this drop. 2 year warranty on this kit too, which makes it good value for money for anyone looking for big lows on a tight budget. We also added:

THQ V3 headlights to finish the front end nicely and improve night time driving!
Genuine VW T32 anti roll bars to better control the weight of the T28 camper conversion.

IMG_2717.JPGIMG_2716.JPGIMG_2724.JPG

As a final note. We're now offering a full range of Thule products including awnings and bike racks, plus awnings from Fiamma too. We've recently fitted a couple of Thule Omnistor 4200 wing out awnings and been very impressed with the quality and ease of use.

Cheers all.

STX coilovers
THQ lights v2
LED front fogs
Replacing a chunky front splitter with a vwcarbon one

Been planning it since I got the van a year ago!

Not sure quite how I’ve left it this long, but 2 months back I had the work done at The Van Cave…

Firstly - Definite recommendation for Chris and the great work he does at the cave; from the pre-visit organisation and advice, his customer care during the day (eg my use of the lounge to ‘work from home’ inc. short walk to the farm shop to get lunch - think I still have some flapjack stuck in my teeth so beware :) ) and the work itself (plus needed a replacement part that came on the day and Chris did some extra vcds coding along the way).

Secondly - Loving the drive after the STX (about 55mm down), really makes a difference hugging the road more, on corners and the stance overall… THQ v2s smart too, and although I’ve stayed legal is definitely still better than the H4s…

Thanks Chris!

Before

EB4AED73-4FB4-4365-A818-74C6C55847FF.jpeg

After

F813CAAF-E376-4D6B-ADFB-2D552885AD75.jpeg
80D504E3-7BBB-488D-B5C2-6D8E5CE593FF.jpeg
4325C6D0-A7A9-4CED-BA4D-FA3EE7603E67.jpeg

Last edited:
Update Part Three:

Another van fitted with ST-X coil over suspension. This genuine Sportline also got a set of Inovit Rotor in the stunning Satin Black/Dark Tint Machined Face finish. We also added the lower gloss black front splitter for additional depth.

View attachment 160875View attachment 160874

More interior work to show you here.

A two tone, two texture finish on this one. Anthracite carpet to the van frame, light grey synthetic suede to the panels. Hidden clips as always. We love the contrast in this van and if you check us out on instagram @thevancaveuk you can also see what the customer @somerset_t6 had to say. They've done a lot of work themselves on this van, but trusted us to do the lining for the best possible finish.

View attachment 160878View attachment 160879View attachment 160880
Hi Chris is that wind down max on the kw stx that Steve fits only I’ve just had some and want 20s and want that stance

Hi Chris is that wind down max on the kw stx that Steve fits only I’ve just had some and want 20s and want that stance
Yes, same suspension, as low as they go at the back, adjusted to match at the front. That’s a mostly empty kombi for reference.

Give us a shout if you find some 20s you like, we have access to a huge range and may be able to help.

Some exciting news to share with you all. Click below for further details:

Last edited by a moderator:
There ! its not unsolicited now !

Straight links will unfurl and show header/extra info, hyper linking text will hide it

Merry Christmas All!

It's been a good year at the cave and I'm looking forward to helping more of you transform your vans in the new year! I've got a few new offerings that I'm hoping to be able to bring you in the new year, plus, the website will finally be going live! It's only taken being open for over two years to actually get it sorted!

Thanks to all of you who have visited the cave for work, or made a purchase in any number of other ways.

I'll be closed now until the 4th Jan, but I'll still be dipping in on the forum and checking emails.

Have a great Christmas and a cracking new year and I'll see you all in 2023!

Cheers, Chris.

It’s about time I did a full update on this thread, but not tonight! I’ll just share this one that we finished today.

SoLow AIR bags and struts.
SoLow twin quiet compressors and tank.
Airlift Performance 3P management.

Not sure how long the mud flaps are going to survive!

FAAF61C4-93D7-419C-AF4B-AA26EA3E6AE1.jpeg336EB66E-1BB1-4B9B-B3D9-07DF575115A7.jpeg0D12D925-E8B4-4B20-87CC-2DE94819CD3F.jpegAB133EDB-6DD4-413C-A803-E3F43552DEB6.jpeg

Last edited:
Back