Internal or External Front Screen Cover - Insulated Or Not

Ah, thank you! I guess that explains it then. Have to see if olpro will take this one back, then choose another.

Looks like the fuel lagoon one come in various specific fitments too. Hmm, decisions decisions.

So we went with the Just Kampers thermoscreen and ..... it's great! Fits perfectly, not too tight, nicely insulated, velcro down the sides of the screen bit so it could be folded down. At £52 delivered I'm really pleased with it. Only downside is it's not black which I'd have preferred, but it does the job intended.

PXL_20220722_134259536.jpg

Reactions: CAB
@StanHerbert. Looks good - does it go over the top of the doors which are then shut on it? I ask as we usually leave the windows open a crack and also have wind deflectors fitted

@StanHerbert. Looks good - does it go over the top of the doors which are then shut on it? I ask as we usually leave the windows open a crack and also have wind deflectors fitted
Yep, just hooks over the doors with a triangle of fabric across the top rear corner, there are then ties for onto the door handles. The only place it doesn't attach like some do is around the wing mirrors, but I guess a strap with little clips on the ends could do the job there if it turned out to be needed - I will try it as is for now.

We have wind deflectors too and there's plenty of room for them.

Hello, question for people with silver screens really.. we have a rainbow screen but don't use it anymore for two reasons: one when it rains, the cover fills with water and is just a mess - it's not just wet on the surface but inside - but this water doesn't escape so it sloshes around and is a nightmare! The other reason is in a rainstorm with high winds the screen was blown around so much on the side windows that water got in the driver and passenger door - I'm guessing the movement of the screen with the wind created small gaps from time to time and this let in the rain.. I wasn't happy..

But internal ones are crap! We don't get the same zero condensation when camping.. the problem is I can't leave the van parked up at home without a screen cover in the winter as it just fills with condensation otherwise..

Are sliver screens better?

They don't stop condensation completely but they do help to reduce it for me.

Hello, question for people with silver screens really.. we have a rainbow screen but don't use it anymore for two reasons: one when it rains, the cover fills with water and is just a mess - it's not just wet on the surface but inside - but this water doesn't escape so it sloshes around and is a nightmare! The other reason is in a rainstorm with high winds the screen was blown around so much on the side windows that water got in the driver and passenger door - I'm guessing the movement of the screen with the wind created small gaps from time to time and this let in the rain.. I wasn't happy..

But internal ones are crap! We don't get the same zero condensation when camping.. the problem is I can't leave the van parked up at home without a screen cover in the winter as it just fills with condensation otherwise..

This works for me. Classed as showerproof rather than waterproof.
The front cover is long enough to tuck under the wipers to prevent the wind getting underneath.

Why does it fill with condensation when it’s parked up? There must be a leak somewhere for water to be getting in to create the condensation.

We started with thermal 'carpety type' grey internals, a pain for us taking up too much space when not in use. During summer we moved to the fuel lagoon external and we are very happy with that. If it gets wet, we dry it out! I dont think that wifey and I breathe while we sleep, there is never a condensation issue at all! We too are fine weather campers, never do beyond October, lightweights we are! Pulley Downey blinds through the rest of the van. Love the set up.

20230923_173214.jpg

I'd looked at them earlier but initially discounted them since they weren't insulated. I wonder how much difference it actually makes. The price is certainly attractive at under £20 for the navy blue version!

They are real 'black out', we never do cold! The diesel heater is there for that horrific eventuality! The quality of the product is good, they fit well and pack up small.

Her Indoors bought that from the Bay for £90 back in April last year. Sold as 'black out' for T6.1.
Less than £20 is a steal if they are blackout! Risk 'em for that @middle-englander !

Last edited:
Anybody tried the Funkyleisure offering?
Seems to be reasonably priced with the same features as the pricier options.
We have the funky leisure external front cover. Works great. No condensation inside those front windows even when we have all the windows up and it’s sub zero outside.
And we reverse it so the silver face is on the inside in winter to keep the heat in. (No idea if that works though).
Had it 3 years and my only complaint is that some stitching has come undone on the Velcro.
Can only find this one pic.
IMG_5291.jpeg

We have the funky leisure external front cover. Works great. No condensation inside those front windows even when we have all the windows up and it’s sub zero outside.
And we reverse it so the silver face is on the inside in winter to keep the heat in. (No idea if that works though).
Had it 3 years and my only complaint is that some stitching has come undone on the Velcro.
Can only find this one pic.
View attachment 224446
It makes really good pizza too!

Back