Installing An Orion Tr-smart 12/12/30 Under Passenger Seat In A California Beach

lydart

T6 Pro
I've just taken delivery of the DC-DC charger and removed the passenger seat to see where it could be installed. There doesn't appear to be enough space under the seat and I was wondering if anyone had managed to fit this in a Beach?

Cali Beach under seat.JPG

How did you get on? I assume you found that there is a clear channel connecting the two seats through which you can thread the cables.

I managed to fit the Orion on a 10mm thin back board standing up between the battery and the front fuses (top right as you look at the seat base) in our beach.

I installed the Orion under the drivers seat because there was not enough clearance for proper ventilation of the unit under the passenger seat. I have read several reports that these chargers can get quite hot and the front of the the drivers seat looked like the best position to aid cooling. I only managed a few test runs, before lockdown, and all seems to be well. I am also in the process of installing 2 x 110Ah LiFePo4 with Smart Battery Protect etc and this just fits under both seats.

DSC00490.JPG

Looks good. Have you felt the temperature of yours in use? Where did you put the connectors that sit at the back of the driver’s seat (I moved them to the front and left them in the same cage to mount them).

061A1232-FECF-40BF-8BE0-70E926F23E84.jpeg

Haven't tested the temp. I'll do that once I've finished the battery install.
I moved the towbar control module from bottom left to top left and then removed the connector block from the metal bracket and mounted it vertically top right on a diy bracket. The positions were dictated by the length of the existing cables!

DSC00490_LI.jpg

Haven't tested the temp. I'll do that once I've finished the battery install.
I moved the towbar control module from bottom left to top left and then removed the connector block from the metal bracket and mounted it vertically top right on a diy bracket. The positions were dictated by the length of the existing cables!

View attachment 72554
Hi I've just got the Victron and interested how it went I'm looking at fitting it under the seat too

more seat builds over here to look at . . . . .

Hi I've just got the Victron and interested how it went I'm looking at fitting it under the seat too
Everything works fine and it doesn't get that warm. It seems that Victron made some hardware changes to the original design to make the Orion run cooler.

Back