Ignition Live under Passenger Seat

It looks grey with a black stripe on my screen, but I can’t be certain.
im not certain, but i think thats the grey wire he has added himself..... i cant see a grey wire on the T17f connector in the schematic.

some more clearer pics please @R4Sty

if you want a separate 12v live when the key is on the accessory position your need a new feed from the center line of the under dash center fuse box.....

all the mid loom connectors at the bottom, which will be the rear PDC loom, passenger seat loom,

Here is,

I've tested also the upper black connector (t17-q black ) and there is some pins with 0 volts without key, 10v with contact key and ignition., pin's 1,2,5,6

I was testing all connectors, looking for a +12v with key or ignition..

"pin#2 is - T17f/2 brown wire - rear PDC sensor wire?" What is that? park distance control? I've tested with park assist OFF, and P position in gearbox.

20190308_132452.jpg

20190308_132526.jpg

It's the green cable.

Last edited:
There is no "No Dedicated Switched Ignition Live Under The Seat" - You Need To Run A New Wire From fuse-box . . . (if you want a separate 12v live when the key is on the accessory position your need a new feed from the center line of the under dash center fuse box.....)

FYI - (yellow colour plug)

(Green) wire is T17f /9 - G46 Rear left speed sensor (do not connect to this)
(black) wire is T17f /10 - G46 Rear left speed sensor (do not connect to this)
T17f /2 - ABS - (do not connect to this)
T17f /3 - ABS - (do not connect to this)

T17f /8 - F11 Rear right door contact switch - (do not connect to this)
T17f /4 - F10 Rear right door contact switch - (do not connect to this)

T17 /11 - (white) G34 Front left brake pad wear sender - (do not connect to this)

T17 /12 - MX4 Right tail light - (do not connect to this)

33.JPG
34.JPG

Last edited:
There is no "No Dedicated Switched Ignition Live Under The Seat" - You Need To Run A New Wire From fuse-box . . . (if you want a separate 12v live when the key is on the accessory position your need a new feed from the center line of the under dash center fuse box.....)
FYI - T17q (black colour plug)

T17q /1 - G203 Rear left parking aid sender (do not connect to this)
T17q /2 - G204 Rear centre left parking aid sender (do not connect to this)
t17q /3 - X68 Positive connection (parking aid), in rear bumper wiring harness (from J446 PDC) (do not connect to this)
t17q /4 - 352 Earth connection (parking aid), in rear bumper wiring harness (from J446 PDC) (do not connect to this)
t17q /5 - G205 Rear centre right parking aid sender (do not connect to this)
t17q /6 - G206 Rear right parking aid sender (do not connect to this)

35.JPG

Thank you, I'm reading your updated thread about it,

Is it hard to pass a wire from fuse box to under seat?

Thank you, I'm reading your updated thread about it,

Is it hard to pass a wire from fuse box to under seat?

It's not to hard...

Remove the lower centre dash panels. Feed cable from dash area via cable tunel to seat base. You should be able to fish though without removing seat or carpet

Look at @Deaky work.

Deaky’s Kombi to Camper journey

0D79D9A8-AAEA-484C-8602-4934A44F3FEF.jpeg

I've managed to fish 2 thick speaker cables, 2 double phono leads complete with plugs and 2 other wires through that tunnel without removing the carpet so one will be a piece of cake. Either use fibreglass electricians rods or fish tape, if you don't have either then they're only cheap and after a while you won't be able to imagine life without them :)

10x 330mm Cable Access Kit Wire Rods Electricians Floorboards DIY Carpet Hook 791429429861 | eBay

DTN10 - Flexible Draw Tape Electrician Fish Tape Nylon Cable Puller - 10m Length | eBay

I've managed to fish 2 thick speaker cables, 2 double phono leads complete with plugs and 2 other wires through that tunnel without removing the carpet so one will be a piece of cake. Either use fibreglass electricians rods or fish tape, if you don't have either then they're only cheap and after a while you won't be able to imagine life without them :)

10x 330mm Cable Access Kit Wire Rods Electricians Floorboards DIY Carpet Hook 791429429861 | eBay

DTN10 - Flexible Draw Tape Electrician Fish Tape Nylon Cable Puller - 10m Length | eBay
Ditto, I fed through some arctic flex today and managed to do that without removing the carpet - I lifted it at the back end, popped the tunnel off its front mount and reached through and grabbed the cable.

Last edited:
While not an ignition feed as such,

you can use the BCM feed as a switched 12v feed which is live when the "engine is running".(just be sensible and dont try a draw 50 amps from it) (we used the BCM feed to switch our REDARC but also KEPT the AUX relay and used that as a switch to shunt the load from the AUX battery for any circuits that needed ignition or engine running only feeds, via a new fuse box)
Any idea what wire is the BCM feed under passenger seat? I have a Caravelle so hopefully there's one. I need an engine on feed to power a relay that I want to use so my inverter only functions with engine running so this sounds ideal.

Any idea what wire is the BCM feed under passenger seat? I have a Caravelle so hopefully there's one. I need an engine on feed to power a relay that I want to use so my inverter only functions with engine running so this sounds ideal.
It will only be present if you have the factory fitted Aux battery option

It's fairly simple to put the signal cable in yourself

Thanks but given the option of working under passenger seat or getting my fat fingers up to the BCM I choose the former. Had I had forward thinking I could have done it on either of the two occasions of towbar fitting and cruise control retrofit however I'm old and fat and struggle getting access to the BCM wiring.

Having a TEC3M under the passenger seat kills two birds with one stone as pin10 on my towbar socket doesn't work, looks like controller is faulty and I also want my inverter to only be available when engine running so I can use for both. More importantly all wiring is already under passenger seat so it's a simple fit.

Back