How Many Miles To Run In A New Van...

czmate1999

VIP Member
T6 Legend
A quick one...

My new T6 should be delivered in mid Sept and while i was rushing head long into getting it converted i am now thinking that it might be better to put some miles on it first to run out any early technical issues...

Any thoughts on this and how many miles would be good to do?

Thanks all.

I would certainly drive it around for a few days to give all the systems a good check and make sure everything’s working
I think I would aim to do at least a few hundred miles and get a tank or two of fuel through it which will give you time to try out all the electronics, hopefully get some rain and see if how bad you sliding windows leak

I would certainly drive it around for a few days to give all the systems a good check and make sure everything’s working
I think I would aim to do at least a few hundred miles and get a tank or two of fuel through it which will give you time to try out all the electronics, hopefully get some rain and see if how bad you sliding windows leak
Ha, and I'll have sliding windows on both sides. Will have to get the hose on it :).

200 just to bed the brakes in. Then drive it normally. Modern engines don’t need running in, as such like old engines.
Thanks Oli.

Just thought that i wanted to make sure that it had no obvious warranty issues prior to undertaking the conversion... As an aside do you know of any one in kent that installs VB Air?

We don’t do air suspension or know anyone sorry.

They certainly run better with a few miles on them.

Back